Author Topic: How to combine two beats into one beat  (Read 4409 times)

nugroho2

How to combine two beats into one beat
« on: November 05, 2021, 03:31:41 PM »
I use Style Creator to make a new style. I want to import an intro in style A (tempo 140) into style B, the new style (tempo 70). When I imported it, the new intro still used the 140 tempo, so that it sounded weird.

How can I combine two beats in style A into one beat, make the tempo 70, so that it will sound perfectly in the new style? I am working with MixMaster but couldn't find a way to do that.

Thanks for your help.
Eddie

Offline mikf

Re: How to combine two beats into one beat
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 08:51:32 PM »
I dont think this is what is happening. Styles dont have a tempo, you set it when you play. So when you copy and paste a style part into another style in style creator, it will automatically play correctly at whatever tempo you set. Something else is going on, not sure what, but I dont think it is a tempo problem. Are you sure it is not a time signature difference? e.g. one is 4/4 and the other is 2/4.
Mike
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 10:44:12 PM by mikf »

Offline danand

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 10:06:57 AM »
I dont think this is what is happening. Styles dont have a tempo, you set it when you play.

No this is not accurate, Styles YES have "default tempo" and the MIDI data of the style contain tempo value. You can of course modify tempo during performance but YES there is a "default tempo".

As far as I understand the problem of the OP is that there are 2 MIDI tempo data information on the same style and PSR recognize the 1st.
Intro's original "default tempo" (MIDI tempo data) is 140 bpm and MAIN variation is 70 bpm, so PSR recognize ONLY the 1st MIDI tempo data (140)
What you can try to do is modify this 1st MIDI tempo data from 140 to 70.
Unfortunately I don't use the software you mention when I create my styles, so I can't provide detailed information on how to do it, but the idea is this:
Find the 1st MIDI tempo data information (140) and change it to 70!

Offline ckobu

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 11:27:01 AM »
Style has its basic tempo and it is written in the header (yellow marked), in the first bar of Style. In addition to this we can bring a new and different pace to the other sections of the Style (red rectangle). We can't do that in the keyboard in Style Creator but we can in a program like MixMaster (Insert MidiCmd).

@nugroho2 copied the Intro from another style and also transferred Tempo control. These controls need to be deleted and everything will be fine.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 04:58:12 PM »
Yes, this can be done in Mixmaster, but not in Style Creator. There are several, third party styles that do this.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline danand

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 08:58:35 AM »
How can I combine two beats in style A into one beat, make the tempo 70, so that it will sound perfectly in the new style?

I just test it on built-in StyleCreator (no external software)
In the first page of "StyleCreator" you have a "Tempo" value.
When you start assembling a new style, StyleCreator gets the tempo from the original style.
So if you start with the style from where you want to take the "intro" part  part (tempo 140) the "default tempo" of the new style will be 140.
On the other hand if you start with the Main variation, from the second style (tempo 70), and then add the Intro form the tempo 140 style, the StyleCreator will take the default tempo of the second style (70).
So you get what you want.

In any case there is a "tempo" value on the first editing page of StyleCreator.
So the only you have to do is just change the value from 140 to 70!
You don't have to restart the assembling processes. Just change the tempo.

Al this is possible on the built-in StyleCreator. NO need for external software.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 09:23:33 AM »
Each Style Section can have a different Tempo.
Within one Section there may be multiple values for tempo (ritardando, acceleration).
These values cannot be seen or changing in Style Creator.
Watch my video channel

Offline danand

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2021, 11:33:57 AM »
Each Style Section can have a different Tempo.
Within one Section there may be multiple values for tempo (ritardando, acceleration).
These values cannot be seen or changing in Style Creator.

I any case the ORIGINAL question was, how to apply ONE (ONLY ONE) tempo value for the entire style.
The problem of OP was that intro has tempo 140 and Main 70.
The only thing OP asking was, how to fix ALL style sections, to tempo 70
OP doesn't ask about multiply tempo in a style, only fro ONE FIXED tempo value for the entire style!

This is 100% possible without any external software, built-in Style Creator is enough....

Offline ckobu

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2021, 12:26:38 PM »
Hi danand
You don’t fully understand how Style and its basic Tempo work.
@ nugroho2 uses a Style that has a base Tempo of 70. It adds a new Intro that has a Tempo of 140 to that Style. There is no function in Style Creator that will set the Intro to a value of 70.
There is no way to change that in the keyboard, we have to use external software.
Watch my video channel

Offline mikf

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2021, 12:42:23 PM »
Is it the case then that all sections can be pasted seamlessly over to another style EXCEPT intros and ending where this additional action is required using external software ? This is an issue  I don’t remember ever being raised before.
Mike

Offline ckobu

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2021, 01:16:47 PM »
Hi Mike

The Tempo value must exist in the Style header and then all Sections assume the same Tempo. If there is a new Tempo entered in any Section, then it will play differently. This is not only related to INTRO but applies to each Section individually. This is an example that Fill in has a different Tempo and thus it seems to last two bars.
https://youtu.be/4opmPtm8oF0

It just seems that way but he still only has one measures of 4 beat and they play twice as slow.

Watch my video channel

janamdo

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2021, 01:54:10 PM »
Hi danand
@ nugroho2 uses a Style that has a base Tempo of 70. It adds a new Intro that has a Tempo of 140 to that Style. There is no function in Style Creator that will set the Intro to a value of 70.
There is no way to change that in the keyboard, we have to use external software.
You can set tempo on keyboard and chance/record style part in Style Creator on keyboard ..no?,
Maybe importing pattern data from other existing styles:(condition for this ? )( see manual)
You should say that a intro section from style x and a main section from style y could be assembled undepended from tempo  as i read the manual correct..or do i miss something?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 02:15:03 PM by janamdo »

Offline danand

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2021, 02:20:39 PM »

I don't know about you, but I can do it !
I check it BEFORE post my answer and YES you can modify the tempo value (at least the way I did it...)
I don't know if there are more than one ways to assemble new styles on built-in  Style Creator, (I don't use Style Creator for my styles creation), but the way I did it it works perfect.

Also FYI I'm full aware "how Style and its basic Tempo work"

Offline danand

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2021, 02:22:58 PM »
Is it the case then that all sections can be pasted seamlessly over to another style EXCEPT intros and ending where this additional action is required using external software? This is an issue  I don’t remember ever being raised before.
Mike

Hi Mike, as I already mention I test it today and YES you can use Intros and Main sections from styles with different tempos. At least the way I do it.
I don't know if there is another way where it is not possible....

janamdo

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2021, 02:56:35 PM »
Probably i will enhance a existing style, because seems to me  if two different styles sections are used from different styles that they do not match.
Maybe using styles from the same category  : example pop&rock  80s guitarpop blending with euroreggaeton ?
Styles who are similar in feel are the right candidates ?

Think i will record ( replace) another instrument in a existing style to make it a style to my liking.
But maybe here on the forum can someone convince to use the Style Creator?  :)

Note: there is still more to do with the Style Creator surprizingly , other then recording a whole new track in a style (what can give  a unique style ), i can assembly for sections the parts from other styles : for example chance a chd2 track into another CHd2 track from a other style.
Don't see myself creating whole new styles, because its a lot work to get familiar with a style.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 07:52:48 PM by janamdo »

nugroho2

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2021, 06:32:30 PM »
Hi, friends... Thanks so much for your useful inputs. It opens a whole new world of the possibilities of using Style Creator. I eventually fixed it using the simple Style Tempo software from Psttutorial. Just change the tempo of the intro, and voila, all was fixed.
I should've studied the changes it made to the ListView in MixMaster. It should be a simple procedure. But anyway, it was fixed. Again, Thanks so much 💐🌿   

Offline ckobu

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2021, 06:43:52 PM »
It's great when we can help ourselves with advice.

Now that the author of the theme solved the problem, it would be nice for @janamdo to reveal to us the secret of how he changes Tempo in Style Creator.  :D