Author Topic: Alas!!... PSR SX 900 in service center  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Aquilauno

Alas!!... PSR SX 900 in service center
« on: November 02, 2021, 01:45:24 PM »
Unfortunately what none of us would ever want to happen has happened to me...
I was hoping to make a mistake, but following a malfunction I sent the keyboard for assistance (40 + 40 km to Rome and back). The problem occurred with the loss of the configuration of the USB LAN adapter (UDWL01) that happened each time the SX900 was turned off and on again. The malfunction has been checked and recognized by the authorized Yamaha technician. Other than that the keyboard worked fine, no strange behavior, no errors displayed, if I hadn't had the adapter I wouldn't have noticed anything. To tell the truth, I noticed an oddity, in doing the factory reset the user memory was not deleted never, the SX900 returned to the original language, the "Welcome" message at startup and the WIFI password were also deleted. Then the reset procedure was performed correctly but all the recordings, expansion packs, styles and voices saved in USER remained in memory. The technician said that this was normal and it wanted by Yamaha and that to cancel the user memory there was another procedure (but this answer does not convince me at all, the reset factory must restore the keyboard exactly as it came from the factory.
So says the manual if I'm not mistaken (which also invites you to save user data on usb before resetting). There are three ways to carry out the factory reset, 1) On board from the user menu; 2) with the continuous pressure of the last white key (on the right) in start-up; 3) from the "TEST" menu. In all cases the USER memory remained as it is ... what do you think?
Returning to my SX900, the motherboard needs to be replaced, currently not there are spare parts in Europe and the card will have to come from outside, unknown waiting times (and I assume long ... sigh !!!). Fortunately, on this occasion they will also arrange the noisy black keys (under warranty). I felt compelled to report this. Stay healthy and a warm greeting to all of you in particular to Chris who tried to give me help and advice.
Pietro
PS The adapter was tested on another SX900 and did not give any problems (the adapter works fine)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 02:28:38 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline LaHawk

Re: Alas!!... PSR SX 900 in service center
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 08:45:31 PM »
Sorry to hear that Aquilauno

Every once in a while a motherboard in a keyboard, computer or any other such device could either be a manufacture defect from the start, or may malfunction in a short amount of time. Thankfully that's kind of rare these days.

It  sounds like you are one of those rare unfortunate owners who this has happened to. The good news is you'll be getting a "new" again keyboard, but the bad news is the wait time. Maybe you can work a deal to return and replace ?

A long time ago I had a motherboard replaced in a PSR-3000, and I had to wait quite awhile, but when finished, it was better than ever. I was able to borrow a keyboard from the dealer until it was ready, but that's probably not going to happen now a-days.

Wish you good luck and speedy repair
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno

Offline Aquilauno

Re: Alas!!... PSR SX 900 in service center
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 11:05:28 PM »
Hi Larry, yes this keyboard was born badly ... After 22 days from the purchase it was frozen on the logo and only thanks to firmware 1.05 it started again by itself, (even if it was stopped for about a month), maybe it was already a original sign of defect who knows. Fortunately the SX900 is under warranty (still for 4 months) I hope enough to test the repair, long times also because the shortage of microcips has caused a drop in production in all fields (see PS5 and Co) I hope for Christmas to get my little girl "healed" ... Thanks for your solidarity ...