Author Topic: Loading playlists, storing permanently all in one big list?  (Read 1488 times)

ACSACS

Loading playlists, storing permanently all in one big list?
« on: October 31, 2021, 11:34:07 AM »
Hi, SX600 owner here. I downloaded the 'Bonus Playlist' for SX600 from Yamaha website.

I can load individual catagories form my USB stick and the appear in the playlist, but they dissapear if I turn the keyboard off.

What I'd like to be able to do is load ALL of the catagories records together as one big list, and also store it in the keyboard so I don't have to keep loading it repeatedly.

Is this, or something like this, possible?

To be honest, I'm struggling to understand how the playlist feature truly works! Many thanks

BOAC

Re: Loading playlists, storing permanently all in one big list?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 11:52:40 AM »
Join the Club. I have never seen an decent explanation of how the File System works either.
What we need is YAMAHA for Dummies. Like WINDOWS for Dummies !!!

I still find getting a zip file from the Internet - via PC - Yamaha, not always successful and whilst Yamaha support is helpful, it's  NOT written down, or at least not where I can find it, it makes the Yamaha experience quiet frustrating at times. Full makes to Roland for this.

Nick

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 12:08:04 PM »
The good news is, yes, it’s possible.

First, you need to explain how "they disappear" when you turn the keyboard off. Surely, they’re still on the USB stick, and can be loaded from there. What’s wrong with that setup?

When you say "store it on the keyboard", do you mean transfer it to the User drive? If so, it can be done, but there’s some work involved.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

janamdo

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 12:13:58 PM »
As SX600 owner, yes its not straightforward the playlist handling and a complicated thing on SX600.
Its about registration memory bank files used in preset or user or usb storage location
The registration memory bank file can be assigned to a button too. (must be :-) )

It is possible to add more registrations to a existing playlist or make a new playlist
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 12:36:57 PM by janamdo »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 12:49:31 PM »
Yes you can create a new playlist and name it. Then you can save your registration banks into it.

ACSACS

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2021, 09:32:04 PM »
Thanks for your help everyone, I'll try and digest what has been said and take another 'run up' at it next week!

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 12:01:05 AM »
If you are using registrations often the playlist function is very practical. If not, forget about it and just make a folder with the styles in the order that is proctical for you.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page