Author Topic: SX900 live control filter/ressonance issue  (Read 1114 times)

vadesriux

SX900 live control filter/ressonance issue
« on: October 29, 2021, 11:13:00 PM »
Hi everyone.
I have assigned filter to Live Control left knob and Ressonance to Live Control right knob. But when I move only one knob (ex. Filter) the ressonance parameter moves by itself also, wrecking both parameters values.

What is happening? Some software issue? I have firmware 1.05 already installed (new SX900 received 2 days ago).

All help will be much appreciated.

Offline jwyvern

Re: SX900 live control filter/ressonance issue
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 12:36:57 PM »
This also happens with Genos. I believe the Filter normally works to achieve its effects by changing the Resonance at certain points in its operating range. Normally you may not notice this but I would say the knob assigned to resonance is being "honest" by highlighting what happens to resonance values when you change the filter. You still have the option to turn the resonance back to where you want it.
Instead of assigning to Filter you probably have the option to assign that knob to Cut Off, which should not interfere automatically with Resonance. Making cut off negative (with resonance zero) should eventually reduce the brightness of the voice say at around minus 20 to minus 40. Then if you simultaneously increase the resonance to plus 20 to 40 you will hear varying degrees of "filtered" voices. Eg. Depending on the sample, Trumpet becomes a more jazzy tone and, and eventually muted trumpet effects and so on (not all of which may be desirable sounds!).

John
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 08:16:59 PM by jwyvern »

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 07:02:33 PM »
I think there is one live control assignment option which is cutoff only, one which is resonance only, and a third which is both at once. Check you've picked the right one. The option called filter is a special one that affects both cutoff and resonance.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 07:07:17 PM by DerekA »
Genos

vadesriux

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 11:03:10 PM »
Understood. Thank you very much for both your help John and Derek.