Author Topic: Copy wave from usb to user  (Read 1506 times)

Dziekanc

Copy wave from usb to user
« on: October 29, 2021, 03:02:40 AM »
How do I copy 4 wave files from usb stick to ‘user’ so m.pad creator can do its thing.  If I try and leave files on usb, the mpads aren’t active for me to save with each registration.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 03:13:00 AM by Dziekanc »

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Copy wave from usb to user
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 04:43:00 AM »
How do I copy 4 wave files from usb stick to ‘user’ so m.pad creator can do its thing.  If I try and leave files on usb, the mpads aren’t active for me to save with each registration.

It depends on your keyboard, but in general, you
— go to the folder which has your audio files
— choose file, copy
— select the files you want to copy
— navigate to your user drive and folder
— choose copy here

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

Re: Copy wave from usb to user
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 09:08:03 AM »

Hi Dziekanc,

You could leave the .wav files at any time on the USB stick and integrate from there into Audio Link Multi Pads. If this does not work (though the files are displayed in the Audio File Selection Display), the .wav files are probably not in the correct format (.wav, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit, stereo). In this case, the files would have to be converted to this format in advance on the PC with a suitable program.

All important information about creating Audio Link Multi Pads can be found in the Genos Reference Manual, pages 62/63. As mentioned there, the .wav files can be used both from the User drive or from the USB stick.

You can copy .wav Files in the Audio File Selection display. You can access this display by touching one of the four "pads" in the "Audio Link Multi Pad" display. Alternatively, you could previously use the SONG mode to copy the .wav files from the USB stick into the User drive, if desired.

Important notes on copying files can be found in the Genos Owner's Manual in the chapter "File Management" (from page 37).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)