Author Topic: Another Chord Looper Question  (Read 1272 times)

Offline kali291

Another Chord Looper Question
« on: October 28, 2021, 08:20:53 PM »
Can anyone please help me see what must be the obvious answer to my problem. I have an arrangement of Away In A Manger that starts with Intro 3, followed by a one beat no chord bar, followed by the rest of the carol.  To use the chord looper effectively, the only information I can find tells me to use registration sequences to play it. So, button 1, Intro 3, no chord looper. Button 2, everything off, play one note. Button 3, acmp on, chord looper on, and away we go. Now, I'm getting on in years, and my reflexes aren't what they were, but even if they were still good, I cannot see how it would work. Push button 1, wait for the end of the intro, push button 2, play one note, then push button 3 and make it sound any thing other than a mess. A footswitch for the registrations is no easier. There has to be a way of playing it fluently, but I can't find it. How does anybody else arrange it? Using the chord looper on that first bar won't work, because if I treat that lead in bar as a full one, the one note has to be played on the last beat, and it is that note that triggers the chord looper. Does this mean you cannot use the chord looper for songs that have a lead in NC bar? My head hurts . Any advice gratefully received. Thank you
Ron
was PRS-E453
then PRS SX700
now PRS SX900

Re: Another Chord Looper Question
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 08:32:55 PM »
Hi, Ron!

I have't tested this (yet), but have you tried keeping ACMP ON on button 2, but with all accompaniment parts silenced, and un-silencing them on button 3? This way, you keep the rythm actually going (but silent), Chord Looper can already begin on your one bar with no accompaniment (since everything is silenced, nothing will sound), and when you hit button 3, everything continues normally...

I think it's worth a try, at least!

Regards!
Andrew

The following users thanked this post: kali291

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 09:42:43 PM »
Can anyone please help me see what must be the obvious answer to my problem. I have an arrangement of Away In A Manger that starts with Intro 3, followed by a one beat no chord bar, followed by the rest of the carol.  To use the chord looper effectively, the only information I can find tells me to use registration sequences to play it. So, button 1, Intro 3, no chord looper. Button 2, everything off, play one note. Button 3, acmp on, chord looper on, and away we go. Now, I'm getting on in years, and my reflexes aren't what they were, but even if they were still good, I cannot see how it would work. Push button 1, wait for the end of the intro, push button 2, play one note, then push button 3 and make it sound any thing other than a mess. A footswitch for the registrations is no easier. There has to be a way of playing it fluently, but I can't find it. How does anybody else arrange it? Using the chord looper on that first bar won't work, because if I treat that lead in bar as a full one, the one note has to be played on the last beat, and it is that note that triggers the chord looper. Does this mean you cannot use the chord looper for songs that have a lead in NC bar? My head hurts . Any advice gratefully received. Thank you
Ron

Here's how I would use a registration sequence to do what you want:

1: Intro3
2: Ending1, style volume = 0, tempo increased enough for ending to finish before you need the next registration
3: Rest of carol

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: kali291

Offline kali291

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 10:22:51 AM »
Thank you both. I’ll go away and try again.
was PRS-E453
then PRS SX700
now PRS SX900