Author Topic: Getting a Rhodes/Wurlitzer sound on the PSR SX700  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Fabiofop

Getting a Rhodes/Wurlitzer sound on the PSR SX700
« on: October 27, 2021, 01:50:30 PM »
Hello everybody.
Can anyone help me where I can get Wurlitzer samples (Supertramp EP) to install on the PSR SX 700 since the keyboard doesn't come with this type of voice?
Thank you for all help.

Offline RobertM

Re: Getting a Rhodes/Wurlitzer sound on the PSR SX700
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 04:33:47 AM »
Hello Fabiofop,
This might be off subject a bit and not what you want, but have you considered the Miditzer for Wurly sounds?
www.Miditzer.com
It's free for the Miditzer 216 and fairly easy to set up.
A couple of photos attached.
Regards,
Robert.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline andyg

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 09:32:38 AM »
@RobertM. Miditzer is, of course, a Wurlitzer cinema organ virtual instrument. The OP is after the sounds of a Wurlitzer 200A electric piano.

@Fabiofop  There are lots of electric pianos in the SX700. A lot of Rhodes, for sure, but I think you'll find a few Wurlitzer sounds in there too. Look for Vintage EP in the main piano section and then look in Legacy/Piano to find the older voices. You'll probably need to add or change the DSP effects as these always had a big bearing on the sound of the original Wurli pianos when used on stage. Tremolo, Chorus, a little Overdrive, that sort of thing.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline RobertM

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 10:00:51 AM »
Oops!
Thanks Andy.
Robert.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 10:35:42 AM »
Hello Fabiofop,
This might be off subject a bit and not what you want, but have you considered the Miditzer for Wurly sounds?
www.Miditzer.com

Obviously, this url no longer works. I found the following new url for the "Miditzer" site: :)
>>> https://miditzer.org/

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline RobertM

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 07:02:16 PM »
Oops again!  Two "seniors moments" in one day............not good 😔.
Thanks Chris,
Robert.

ACSACS

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 05:42:06 PM »
Hello everybody.
Can anyone help me where I can get Wurlitzer samples (Supertramp EP) to install on the PSR SX 700 since the keyboard doesn't come with this type of voice?
Thank you for all help.

Yes as I think someone else mentioned too, I think the 'Vintage EP' voice is a sample of a Wurlitzer Electric Piano. At least on the SX600 it is, I expect it's the same on the SX700.

I had a Wurli 200a for a while and it sounded exectly like this. To get the authentic effect, try adding a bit of tremolo. My one came with a fixed rate tremolo on the front panel.

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 06:19:06 PM »
Hello everybody.
Thank you for all help.

Hi Fabiofop,

welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum!

Please don't forget to also try the E.Pianos in the "Legacy" Voice folder. To find and call up the “Legacy” folder, touch the "up arrow" symbol at the bottom right of the Voice Selection display (when Preset is selected), and then select page 2. This folder contains previous Yamaha keyboards’ Voices (such as the PSR-S series) for data compatibility with other models.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)