Author Topic: PSR SX900 - Drum kit  (Read 2224 times)

Enzo1919

PSR SX900 - Drum kit
« on: October 27, 2021, 08:20:47 AM »
Hello everyone. Is there any way that a drum from Tyros can be converted for sx900?
And does anyone know how can I create my own drum kit for sx900? I tried to make one from my own waw samples in YEM, but at the end there's a message that sx900 doesn't support a 128 voice drum kit, or something like that..

Offline Misu

Re: PSR SX900 - Drum kit
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 12:30:51 PM »
Hi,

The difference between Tyros and SX is that Tyros can also have the drum kit with factory keyboard samplers.
Drum kit for SX must have ONLY external samplers.
The first time we make sure that we have in YEM a n.27 file of Genos or Tyros.
Then you can open any drum set you want and press one by one each assigned key.
Where the wave assign is gray instead of blue the assignment must be deleted.
This means that it does not have a wave, but one from the factory was used.
After all factory assignments was deleted you can save on exit and what is left goes to PSR.
About your message check on YEM (edit program change) the number of drums (max.128/pack)

Regards!
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 02:40:48 PM »
... And does anyone know how can I create my own drum kit for sx900? I tried to make one from my own waw samples in YEM, but at the end there's a message that sx900 doesn't support a 128 voice drum kit, or something like that..

Hi Enzo1919,

the current YEM version 2.8.1 supports drum kits with up to 128 assigned keys (notes). However, such drum kits are currently only supported by the PSR-A5000. For all other models only the notes "C#-1" to "G5" may be used (recognizable by the purple vertical bar to the right of the virtual keyboard in the YEM Drum Editor). See also the attached picture.

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Enzo1919

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 08:17:08 PM »
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help..cheers

The following users thanked this post: overover

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 09:06:25 PM »
Thanks for your kind feedback, Enzo!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)