Author Topic: Recording the S970 on a Tascam DP32 SD  (Read 1493 times)

Leob

Recording the S970 on a Tascam DP32 SD
« on: October 27, 2021, 12:04:39 AM »
Hi everybody. I hope you all are doing well.
I want to be able to record the PSR S 970 on a Tascam DP32 sd. I am able to record all voices without problems. However, the drums will not record. Can you help, please?

Offline overover

Re: Recording the S970 on a Tascam DP32 SD
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 06:33:23 AM »
... I want to be able to record the PSR S 970 on a Tascam DP32 sd. I am able to record all voices without problems. However, the drums will not record. Can you help, please?

Hi Leob,

My first thoughts were: The S970 has no Sub outputs, so it cannot be due to a "wrong" Line Out routing (which would be a possible error with e.g. Genos, Tyros5 or SX900).

Which Audio outputs do you use on the S970? Probably the Line Output jacks. If you hear the Drums through the internal S970 speakers (or headphones), they will also be output at the Line Output jacks.

A possible mistake would be that you do not record what is played live, but first do a MIDI recording on the S970, and if you play it back later (and want to record with the TASCAM) you will not hear the Drums. In this case, the problem would probably be that you are using an AUDIO Style. However, the Audio Drum track cannot be recorded via MIDI, so the Drums are missing here. If you have this "problem", you either have to use a pure MIDI Style, or you do without a previous MIDI recording and record directly with the TASCAM.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 06:38:38 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Leob

Re: Recording the S970 on a Tascam DP32 SD
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 11:25:49 AM »
Thank you Chris. Very helpfull.