Author Topic: Padlock security  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Marecki

Padlock security
« on: October 24, 2021, 10:14:22 PM »
Hello friends, I have a question, is it possible to bypass securing a parcel with a padlock in YEM. I heard that rather not, but maybe there are such possibilities, thank you in advance and best regards.

Offline overover

Re: Padlock security
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 07:32:38 AM »
Hi Marecki,

protected Packs (.cpf format) cannot be unlocked. You cannot extract the content (e.g. Styles) from .cpf files or change the content in YEM.

What you can do is installing such a Pack on your Tyros5 as usual and then use the USB Storage Mode to access the Expansion folder (which is on the internal hard disk on Tyros5) from the computer. In this way you can copy the Expansion content (e.g. Styles, Multi Pad files, Registration files) to another location, for example to the computer or a USB stick.

By the way, directly on the Tyros5, you cannot copy files from the Expansion folder, but you can LOAD a file at a time (e.g. a Style) and then SAVE it to another location, if needed.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 07:39:58 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Marecki

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 03:10:11 PM »
Thank you very much Chris for the information, I greet you very much.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 03:45:31 PM »
Thank you very much Chris for the information, I greet you very much.

You're welcome, Marecki!

I'm glad to could help you! :)

All the best,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)