Author Topic: Tyros 4  (Read 1697 times)

LoriDano

Tyros 4
« on: October 24, 2021, 06:10:05 PM »
I have a Tyros 4 keyboard that I have not played in sometime on a regular basis. I downloaded some styles from this website recently and installed them.  Ever since I installed these backgrounds, it seems my sustain for the right hand will come on. When this happened, I turned the keyboard off and pressed and held  the very last key on the right side of keyboard until it had the word intializing on the screen. Then I play and the sustain will eventually come on. I am not able to pinpoint yet what haapens just before it comes on.. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Lorrie

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Tyros 4
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 06:18:57 PM »
I have a Tyros 4 keyboard that I have not played in sometime on a regular basis. I downloaded some styles from this website recently and installed them.  Ever since I installed these backgrounds, it seems my sustain for the right hand will come on. When this happened, I turned the keyboard off and pressed and held  the very last key on the right side of keyboard until it had the word intializing on the screen. Then I play and the sustain will eventually come on. I am not able to pinpoint yet what haapens just before it comes on.. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

I don't think the two are related. I would concentrate on your sustain problem.

Rather than resetting the keyboard, why not just turn sustain off? There's a button on the right side of the keyboard for it.

Do you have any pedals connected to the keyboard? Anything set for sustain?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 07:23:25 PM »
Hi Lorrie,

If you have a Sustain pedal (e.g. FC5, FC4A) connected to your T4, please make sure that you do not press the pedal while the T4 is being switched on. Otherwise the pedal will work "in reverse" (not pressed = sustain, pressed = normal / no sustain).

By the way: The On/Off status of the Panel Sustain button can only be saved in Registrations. Styles/OTS cannot change the status of this button.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

LoriDano

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 07:29:36 PM »
I need to clarify that the sustain button on the right side of the keyboard does not come on when I hear the sustain or echo sound. I do not have a sustain pedal. This echo sound seems to come on if I play the organ sounds and will not go away unless I turn the keyboard off.