Author Topic: As Piano  (Read 2022 times)

Offline tommac

As Piano
« on: October 23, 2021, 03:29:43 PM »
Ok i`m having a thick moment and missing something obvious but how do I make my keyboard play as a piano?  (both hands). I tried turning off accompaniment.
Yamaha Genos

Online overover

Re: As Piano
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 03:59:03 PM »
Ok i`m having a thick moment and missing something obvious but how do I make my keyboard play as a piano?  (both hands). I tried turning off accompaniment.

Hi tommac,

switch OFF the ACMP button and also switch OFF the Left part. Then you can play the Right voices (e.g. a Piano voice in Right 1) over the whole keyboard.

Alternatively you can switch ON the Left part and use the same voice as used in Right 1. (You may have to adjust the octave setting of the Left voice in this case.)

You can save this configuration in a Registration. When memorizing the Registration, at least the checkmarks "Style", "Voice" and "Keyboard Harmony/Arpeggio" must be set. ("Style" is necessary that the ACMP status as well as the LEFT voice and the Left split point are memorized.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 04:01:26 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline tommac

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 04:07:08 PM »
brilliant thanks .
Yamaha Genos

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 10:44:47 PM »
I think the simple way is to select full keyboard as your fingering mode. Then any piano or keyboard voice. Then you can play full piano with accompaniment.
Mike

Offline andyg

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 06:20:42 PM »
If the Genos behaves like other Yamaha keyboards, then can you not just switch on - don't press any buttons, but play the keys. Should act like a piano.

TBH, I'd fine tune things a bit, with my own choice of piano, reverb set the way I want it etc, then save to preset #1 and save the bank as piano.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline tommac

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 10:47:57 AM »
not for me--Maybe i unintentionally changed some default settings but its working fine now --thanks all
Yamaha Genos

Offline maartenb

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 02:00:12 PM »
The Genos should come to life as a grand piano after turning on. If not, you might want to do a soft reset:

• Turn the Genos off
  • Press the highest (most right handed) white key (G ?) and keep pressing it, while turning the Genos on
  • When you see the home screen in the display (after about 22 sec) you can let go of the white key

Now you should hear a piano sound when you play the Genos.

Maarten

The following users thanked this post: MadrasGiaguari