Author Topic: Arpeggio on style creator  (Read 2675 times)

Offline rezaazadi1361

Arpeggio on style creator
« on: October 22, 2021, 08:58:30 PM »
Hi. In A5000, arpeggio function can be used on style creator, While this feature does not exist in sx900. Does anyone know about this?

Offline overover

Re: Arpeggio on style creator
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 10:13:25 PM »
The A5000 is much newer than the SX900 and has various new features. However, the A5000 does not include all of the SX900's Voices and Styles.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: rezaazadi1361

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 01:09:26 AM »
Hi. In A5000, arpeggio function can be used on style creator, While this feature does not exist in sx900. Does anyone know about this?

Are you asking if you can record the arpeggios in Style Creator?  I've wonder this myself but haven't tried it.  There is a work-around; though it is a bit cumbersome.  You could record the arps as MIDI files and load the into Style Magic and create a simple style Part that you can use with Style Creator.

Another option is to load up to 4 MIDI files into PadMaker-Midi and create up to 4 arp Multi Pad you can play along with your style.  If you change the file extension from .pad to .mid you can load the Multi Pad into into StyleMagic and create a 4-Part style with the 4 arps then add to it using Style Creator on the keyboard.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno

matrix1999

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 01:19:55 PM »
Yeah I have noticed that too!  I needed a constant synth arpeggio and ended up using style assembly cause I found what I was looking for in another style.  It’s odd that harmonies and arpeggios don’t work in style creator on sx900. 

Offline rezaazadi1361

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 08:56:42 PM »
Yeah I have noticed that too!  I needed a constant synth arpeggio and ended up using style assembly cause I found what I was looking for in another style.  It’s odd that harmonies and arpeggios don’t work in style creator on sx900.
Hope to add this ability in the next update of sx900.

vadesriux

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 03:17:56 PM »
Hope the possibility of using arpeggios in Style Creator gets to the SX700/900. After all it should not be that difficult for Yamaha to do this. It is already on the A5000 and the user interface / menus are exactly the same.

We must not forget that almost every style present on the 700/900 use arpeggios, in one way or another, so its important to have this function available on board when you want to create your own style - whithout having to use external software.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 03:19:05 PM by vadesriux »

Offline Dievas

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 09:55:06 AM »
Sorry mods for the up of this old thread

In the style creator, the arppegio doesn't works on PSR A5000 either.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2022, 01:40:25 PM »
Just key the notes using your keyboards STYLE Creator. You don't need anything else.

Simple to do. YOu can first just play any note (even just ONE note) but you need to play the notes IN time.
Remember you can even SLOW the style TEMPO down to make the process even easier.
Next just just reassign the NOTE for what you actually want it to be using the Edit TAB.

Regards
Drake

Offline DerekA

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2022, 02:43:13 PM »
Just key the notes using your keyboards STYLE Creator. You don't need anything else.

Simple to do. YOu can first just play any note (even just ONE note) but you need to play the notes IN time.
Remember you can even SLOW the style TEMPO down to make the process even easier.
Next just just reassign the NOTE for what you actually want it to be using the Edit TAB.

Regards
Drake

Exactly Drake. Then you can have any arpeggio pattern you want, not just limited to the patterns Yamaha provided.
Genos

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2022, 12:35:13 PM »
Here is an example of the most recent time I used the method I described above.
I created the signature Banjo roll heard during this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duru2jg3F2U

To get the notes I went to YouTube for someone’s Lesson or Tutorial video about how to play this song using a banjo or a guitar. I can then see what their fingers are doing and get the notes to do the roll.

I actually found a video of someone playing the roll on a piano. As I recall he was playing in the KEY of D. I then had to transpose those notes to the KEY of C.

I went to my keyboard and HIT the same note 8 times. Then keyed in the correct notes using the EDIT tab. I listened to the roll and found that I had keyed the original note pattern in an Octave to HIGH. I went back into the EDIT tab and simply lowered each of the 8 notes by one octave and I was done.