Author Topic: Style ACMP but no drum  (Read 1824 times)

Dziekanc

Style ACMP but no drum
« on: October 21, 2021, 04:34:17 AM »
I’d like to use the ACMP  but sometimes I have my drummer with me and need to just mute the drum while keeping the ACMP
Any ideas how ?

Online Fred Smith

Re: Style ACMP but no drum
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 04:42:18 AM »
I’d like to use the ACMP  but sometimes I have my drummer with me and need to just mute the drum while keeping the ACMP
Any ideas how ?

In the mixer, turn the volume of the relevant tracks down to zero.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Online overover

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 06:06:46 AM »
Any ideas how ?

Hi Dziekanc,

If you only set the volume of the Drum parts of the Style in the mixer to zero, you would have to do this separately for each registration. In addition, it is not easy for the drummer to play along with an accompaniment that is completely without drums in the correct timing.

Instead, I recommend routing the Style Drum parts ("StyleRhythm1/2" and "Style Audio") to two Sub outputs) using the "Line Out" display. This automatically removes these parts from the Main out signal, and you can give the drummer this stereo signal (of the two Sub outs) on headphones or in-ear phones (e.g. via a small external mixer with headphone output). Alternatively, you could also route the internal Metronome to a (further) Sub out and then only put THIS Sub out on the drummer's headphones. However, I would use the original drums, as described first.

You can save the Sub out routing in registrations. I recommend to first save a registration with the standard routing (all parts routed to the Main outputs). In a second registration you save the configuration for playing with the live drummer (Style Drums routed to two Sub outs). When saving these registrations, it is best to only check the box next to "Line Out". If "Line Out" is NOT saved in all other registrations, you can simply switch between the two Line Out settings using these two setup registrations.

See also the attached picture!

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 07:40:09 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: MadrasGiaguari

Hammond Yamaha

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 09:56:03 PM »
Go to mixer select style and mute drums and save that set up in your registration.
That’s what I do and it works for me.  Hope this helps

Frank

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 10:07:08 PM »
Yes but you would have ti do this every time for every different style, and I agree with Chris that playing in time with accompaniment would be a challenge for most drummers anyway,
Mike

Online overover

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 01:05:49 PM »
Hi Dziekanc,

Did our tips on this topic help you? It would be nice if you gave the appropriate feedback here!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)