Author Topic: Anybody tried CoReF  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Oldden

Anybody tried CoReF
« on: October 17, 2021, 07:49:42 PM »
Just wondering, has anybody had a look at CoReF from pe-soft. Seems to made for the Tyros , but maybe works with a Genos. I’m away from home at the moment with only my iPad so I can’t try it.
Oldden

Offline Oldden

Re: Anybody tried CoReF
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 09:41:35 AM »
I don’t think I gave much of a help for anyone interested. Too many things have the same name. A link to the site is below.

http://www.pe-soft.de/Coref/English/english.html

It seems to be a keyboard registration organiser ,there is a helpfile, and it’s also in German

Offline johan

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 09:53:58 AM »
This is outdated software. You better use Yamaha Registration Manager of Murray Best.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline Oldden

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 12:01:15 PM »
Yes, I’ve used Murray Best registration manager and it’s good. The program on the  link I sent maybe has different facilities but I’ve not tried it, only got access to my iPad at the moment.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 05:31:08 PM »
Hi Oldden,

The "CoReF" program was developed to resolve the missing "link function" for Registrations on earlier keyboards. The Genos and PSR-SX models now have the "Playlist" function that does exactly this (linking Registrations) so that Registration Banks no longer have to be copied if they are to be used in a different list.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Oldden

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 07:43:30 PM »
Hi, just tried the program on a laptop. Plugged a usb drive in with about six thousand rgt  files on it in various folders along with other stuff, I then made an empty folder-on my laptop. Ran the program and it found all the rgt files on the usb in one go. It then Copied them to my empty folder and put them in various alphabetical sub folders in order.
Not tried to load the rgt files on my genos, so may work or may not. :

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 11:49:41 PM »
Hi Oldden,

To search for files (e.g. .rgt) on different PC drives, I use the free version of the "UltraSearch" program. (This works much faster and easier than with the internal Windows search function.)

Some users used to work with COPIES (of the same name) of .rgt files in different folders. The CoReF program can then help to keep all these copies (of the same registration files) up to date (If you change a Registration bank, the copies are not automatically updated.)

In the meantime, however, as I said, this is no longer necessary, because one Registration Bank can be used in any number of Playlists.

P.S.
External files are linked in many Registrations (e.g. User Styles, Multi Pads or MIDI files). While the Registration files (.rgt) can be moved anywhere, the files linked in the Registrations must remain in their original location and must not be renamed. While you can change the paths to the linked files in Murray Best's "Yamaha Registration Manager" if necessary (also in batch), this is not possible in "CoReF" as far as I know.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Oldden

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 08:33:00 AM »
I agree that the program has a very limited use, but I think it’s always worth having a look at them , sometime it’s worth it sometimes it’s not. But some old stuff seems to go on forever. Xgworks, SQ01 and SOL has still quite a following, shame they never got updated, best DAW for Yamaha ever. Then there is Band in a Box, been around forever. I used to have a copy years ago, which I used in midi only on a PSR. We still try to get the Hammond sound from years ago. If you are very rich then buy a genuine 60s guitar and play it through a valve amp.
Software, I think, is often better nowadays but I still like to look at other stuff , as long as it’s free.