Author Topic: HOW TO BALANCEVOLUME MIDI TRACK, USE DIFFERENT VOICES FOR R1 (VERSE/CHORUS)  (Read 1220 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

I have a Medley of MIDI songs sequenced on GENOS KEYBOARD and would like to know:

1) How to save volume of Midi Backing Track (instead of 100 say reduce to 50)
2) How to save volume of melody R1 (instead of 100 say 127)
3) How to insert various instruments say M1 to M10 PIANO, M11 to M25 TENOR SAX, M26 to M40 TRUMPET etc
4) Select notation on TRACK 1 or Track 4 Xtra Large notation & save all above 4 as a NEW MIDI FILE

When you retrieve this NEW MIDI FILE all the above 4 functions should be readily available to play with the preset volume, voices & notation.

If this has already been posted please send me the link.

Thanks
Oz

Offline Fred Smith

I have a Medley of MIDI songs sequenced on GENOS KEYBOARD and would like to know:

1) How to save volume of Midi Backing Track (instead of 100 say reduce to 50)
2) How to save volume of melody R1 (instead of 100 say 127)
3) How to insert various instruments say M1 to M10 PIANO, M11 to M25 TENOR SAX, M26 to M40 TRUMPET etc
4) Select notation on TRACK 1 or Track 4 Xtra Large notation & save all above 4 as a NEW MIDI FILE

When you retrieve this NEW MIDI FILE all the above 4 functions should be readily available to play with the preset volume, voices & notation.

Points 1,2 and 3 can be done on the keyboard, just about any sequencing program or DAW. So it depends on what software you have available to use. If it was me, I would use MixMaster.

Point 4 can't be done in a midi file, as there's no command to specify the notation size. You would need to do this on the keyboard when playing the song.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons