Author Topic: PSR-S970 & USB  (Read 1678 times)

Offline gfraden

PSR-S970 & USB
« on: October 11, 2021, 03:08:21 PM »
When I bought my S970 in 2016, I was a novice and didn’t know what I wanted to do with it. Now I have a much better idea but, over the years, I’ve just thrown downloaded files from Joe Waters’ thank-yous for being a PSR Tutorial supporter onto a USB. Now I want to organize all those files. Heidrun’s article about making folders is very helpful. I should have started that way but didn’t because I didn’t know. The last Joe Waters’ thank-you from earlier this year, I put on a different USB and have started using some of the styles on it. When using preset files, the keyboard finds them easily, but does anyone have any advice on the best way to organize downloaded Styles and MPs so that the S970 can find them for the registrations I make? Thank-you for your help.
George

Offline Fred Smith

Re: PSR-S970 & USB
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 03:49:37 PM »
When I bought my S970 in 2016, I was a novice and didn’t know what I wanted to do with it. Now I have a much better idea but, over the years, I’ve just thrown downloaded files from Joe Waters’ thank-yous for being a PSR Tutorial supporter onto a USB. Now I want to organize all those files. Heidrun’s article about making folders is very helpful. I should have started that way but didn’t because I didn’t know. The last Joe Waters’ thank-you from earlier this year, I put on a different USB and have started using some of the styles on it. When using preset files, the keyboard finds them easily, but does anyone have any advice on the best way to organize downloaded Styles and MPs so that the S970 can find them for the registrations I make? Thank-you for your help.
George

There is no best way. And it doesn’t matter much, as your registrations will find the styles wherever you put them, as long as you don’t move or rename them.

If you have fewer than 250 user styles referenced by registrations, put them in one folder. If more than that, put them in 26 subfolders A-Z.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline johan

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 04:40:14 PM »
If you have many styles on PC, you can use the PSR style database program to easily find a certain style in your collection, whatever the way that you have organised it.

https://psrtutorial.com/util/wierzba.html

SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

The following users thanked this post: alanclare

Offline gfraden

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 09:59:08 PM »
Thanks for your replies, I appreciate them.
George