Author Topic: How to quickly access latest Posts on Forum  (Read 8033 times)

Offline YammyFan

How to quickly access latest Posts on Forum
« on: October 11, 2021, 02:48:02 AM »
At least once or twice a day I go to this wonderful Forum to look at the latest posts and  wonder if there is a quick way to get there without having to scroll down. Any suggestions? Yammyfan.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: How to quickly access latest Posts on Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 03:33:03 AM »
At least once or twice a day I go to this wonderful Forum to look at the latest posts and  wonder if there is a quick way to get there without having to scroll down. Any suggestions?

Use this to access the forum: https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?action=unread;start=0

It will list only the recent posts you haven't read.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 04:02:59 AM »
At least once or twice a day I go to this wonderful Forum to look at the latest posts and  wonder if there is a quick way to get there without having to scroll down. Any suggestions? Yammyfan.

Fred has provided a link for you, but you can very quickly get there, as follows:

In the upper left hand corner of the forum Home page, you will see Hello YammyFan, and just below your Username you will see "Show unread posts since last visit."  Just click on this and it will take you to: PSR Tutorial Forum »Recent Unread Topics

If you only want to see new replies to your own posts, just click on "Show new replies to your posts.", which is directly below "Show unread posts since last visit.", which will take you to: PSR Tutorial Forum »Updated Topics
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 05:15:42 AM by Roger Brenizer »
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan, Mikk

Offline Michael Trigoboff

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 05:32:48 PM »
In the upper left hand corner of the forum Home page, you will see Hello YammyFan, and just below your Username you will see "Show unread posts since last visit."  Just click on this and it will take you to: PSR Tutorial Forum »Recent Unread Topics

If you only want to see new replies to your own posts, just click on "Show new replies to your posts.", which is directly below "Show unread posts since last visit.", which will take you to: PSR Tutorial Forum »Updated Topics

I noticed this when I first got to this forum. But lately it seems to have disappeared. What happened?

It was very convenient. I hope it comes back.
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 05:58:08 PM »
I noticed this when I first got to this forum. But lately it seems to have disappeared. What happened?

It was very convenient. I hope it comes back.

Hi Michael,

In the upper right hand corner of the forum home page you will see the words "simplemachines forum".  Directly to the right of these words there is an arrow, which is probably pointing down.  You most likely have clicked it and it is now pointing down, which means you closed access to "show unread posts".  Simply click on the arrow again so that is is now pointing up and the access to "show unread posts" will be restored.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Mikk, Michael Trigoboff

Offline Michael Trigoboff

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 06:24:39 PM »
In the upper right hand corner of the forum home page you will see the words "simplemachines forum".  Directly to the right of these words there is an arrow, which is probably pointing down.  You most likely have clicked it and it is now pointing down, which means you closed access to "show unread posts".  Simply click on the arrow again so that is is now pointing up and the access to "show unread posts" will be restored.  :)

Aha!

Thanks!
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 06:34:20 PM »
What I've recently done is minimized the categories so I can scroll to 'Recent Posts' quickly. Simply click on the (-)  in the 'Unread Posts' box. Easy to expand if I want browse a category.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 06:37:54 PM by MarkF_48 »

The following users thanked this post: Michael Trigoboff

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 02:30:18 AM »
Hi all,

You can bookmark the following link in your browser:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php#upshrinkHeaderIC

Clicking on this bookmark/link will take you straight to the beginning of the "Recent Posts" list. :)

By the way, if you click on the    icon to the left of the "Recent Posts" heading the posts will be displayed in full (but only 10 posts per page).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 11:50:21 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Michael Trigoboff