Author Topic: Error in YEM  (Read 1777 times)

Offline dv01

Error in YEM
« on: October 15, 2021, 04:35:03 PM »

Hi everyone,

I recently got new computer and I installed YEM 2.8.1 for my Genos packs.  I forgot to add my Genos info file at first and somehow when I imported any of my packs in I had message 'An error has occurred and data cannot be imported'.  Has anyone seen this before?  I am trying to uninstall YEM completely means I want to delete all the things it remembers and start from scratch but I don't know how.  It always remembers my Genos info.  Please help!  Thanks.

Shane

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Error in YEM
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 04:48:32 PM »
So you've uninstalled and reinstalled it right?
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 04:53:21 PM »
Hi Shane,

are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline dv01

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 04:53:51 PM »
  Yes.  Even now I delete the info file from YEM, uninstall, then reinstall the problem is still there. 

Offline dv01

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 04:54:59 PM »
  Hi Chris,

I am using Windows 10 on HP computer.  Thanks.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 05:06:14 PM »
  Hi Chris,

I am using Windows 10 on HP computer.  Thanks.

Hi Shane,

to delete all user data from the YEM, please do the following:

- Close the YEM program.

- Press "Windows key + R" to open the "Run" dialog window.

- Enter (or copy and paste from here) the following:

%LocalAppData%\Yamaha

- Press the "Enter" key. This will open a Windows Explorer window with the following path:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Yamaha

- In this folder "Yamaha" you now delete the complete folder "Expansion Manager" (on the right side of the Explorer window). (You could also just rename that folder, e.g. to "Expansion Manager OLD".)

- Restart YEM. A new, empty YEM user folder "Expansion Manager" will be automatically created, and you have a completely empty YEM. :)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 05:09:05 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline dv01

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 05:12:51 PM »
   Thanks Chris.  I did all steps you gave but when I tried to import a cpf pack, same error occurred.  One thing that those ppf packs imported without errors.  Only cpf packs have given issues.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 06:28:33 PM »
2.8.1 is known to have problems that have not been sorted yet. I think most of us are still using 2.7.0 which works fine.

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 07:31:05 PM »
   Thanks Chris.  I did all steps you gave but when I tried to import a cpf pack, same error occurred.  One thing that those ppf packs imported without errors.  Only cpf packs have given issues.

Hi Shane,

Are your .cpf Packs previous paid YAMAHA packs? Then the problem is probably due to the fact that these earlier packs only work on exactly ONE single instrument. The copy protection was previously checked directly when importing into the YEM through an Internet connection to a corresponding Yamaha server. However, as far as I know, this no longer works since all of the Yamaha Packs are free. The "new" .cpf versions each work for exactly one keyboard MODEL, e.g. Genos.

If I am correct, simply download the desired Packs in the Genos version again from the following link. With these versions there should be no problem with the import into the YEM. Note, however, that not all Packs are available in a Genos version. It is best to select the Genos beforehand in the drop-down list on the download page, then only compatible Packs will be displayed:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/keyboards/vse/index.html

By the way: YEM V2.8.0 was buggy. YEM V2.8.1 can be used, but it's slower than V2.7.0. YEM V2.8.1 is only absolutely necessary for the PSR-A5000. For Genos, PSR-S/SX models, PSR-A3000 and Tyros5, V2.7.0 can also be used with the current firmware versions.

At the moment, as mentioned by Eileen, you can actually work with YEM V2.7.0 as an alternative. But IF you want to do this, you have to completely uninstall V2.8.1 again (via "Settings > Apps and Features") and delete the YEM user folder again as described above.

If required, you can download YEM V2.7.0 e.g. from the Genos download page:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 07:42:06 PM by overover »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 11:43:14 PM »
I purchased most of the Yamaha packs over the years and these will also load into my SX900 without problem. It is the free packs that have a different protections on them and will only load into the keyboard specified.