Author Topic: Which headphones work best with a genos?  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Oldden

Which headphones work best with a genos?
« on: October 06, 2021, 07:21:54 PM »
Simple question.
Any suggestions for a pair or headphones without robbing a bank or selling one of my kidneys.

Offline ugawoga

Re: Which headphones work best with a genos?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 07:56:58 PM »
Hi
My suggestion is AKG 702's or later if new ones if they superceed these . Goog qualitiy for £120 Thomann
Open back which also good for mixing.

All the Best
john :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 07:58:24 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Oldden

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 08:02:53 PM »
Just as an add on. Seen plenty of equaliser settings for loudspeakers, are there any for the Genos and headphones.
P.s. thanks for the info John.
Oldden.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 08:14:22 PM »
Hi Oldden,

I use AKG K712 Pro headphones (on Genos and Tyros5).

By the way: With good headphones, you don't need a special master EQ setting. The master EQ is always set to "Flat" for me. This also applies in connection with my monitor speakers (2 * Yamaha MSP5 Studio, 1 * Yamaha HS8S sub).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 09:55:32 PM »
I would very much suggest to try to go to a good music store that will let you try out various headphones that meet your budget. A set that gets recommended here may be comfortable to wear and sound good for the person recommending, but may not be a comfortable fit for you for long listening usage and could be too bassy or not bassy enough in sound for your taste as an example. Make note of the recommendations and try those out if possible. I have several sets that I use either for recording or for just listening enjoyment.

There are two basic types of headphones, open back and closed back, with variations of semi-open. Each type may be better suited for a particular type of listening.
https://www.soundguys.com/open-back-vs-closed-back-headphones-12179/

A few of what I have, each of which get used for different purposes.
Sony MDR-7506 (closed back)
Audio Technica ATM-50x (closed back)
Sennheiser HD280 Pro (closed back)
AKG K240 Studio (semi-open back)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 09:58:20 PM by MarkF_48 »

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 11:20:08 PM »
There are no headphone choices that are particularly suited for any specific keyboard, just make sure you don’t get Bluetooth headphones, stick with wired. The choice is very personal so as stated above try some out.
Mike

Offline Del B

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2021, 12:10:00 AM »
Mike is correct there are no headphone choices that are particularly suited for any specific keyboard,
if you click the link below this question has been asked several times and there are several suggestions which members have given

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/board,56.0.html

Offline Oldden

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2021, 09:03:33 AM »
Thanks for all the replies. I have a pair of AKG headphones which are fine. I just wondered if anyone made any just to suit keyboard players which might have been better, but it seems not.
Oldden