Author Topic: Playlist mass deletion on SX700  (Read 2047 times)

Offline dlepera

Playlist mass deletion on SX700
« on: October 04, 2021, 03:30:38 PM »
Hello. There may be a very simple answer to this question but I can't seem to figure out how to delete everything in my playlist so that I can then add everything from my registration folder.  What would be nice is if I can create a playlist folder with all my different registration instead of having over 400 entries pop up as soon as I open the playlist.                 dom
Life is a learning experience and sharing it is it's biggest reward!

Offline EileenL

Re: Playlist mass deletion on SX700
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 04:42:11 PM »
Why not just start a New Playlist for your registrations.

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 04:54:09 PM »
Hi Dom,

You can create and manage as many Playlists as you want. Please first read the chapters relating to the Playlist function in the SX700 Owner's Manual (from page 90) and in the Reference Manual (from page 91).

A Playlist file is just a small text file (with the extension ".tsv") that is saved on the USB stick or in the internal User drive.

So please create a new, empty Playlist, taking into account the instructions in the Owner's Manual, and name it as you wish. Then you can add so-called "Records" to this Playlist, i.e. song entries that refer to Registrations.

To create a new Playlist, tap the "New+" icon.

To switch between different Playlists, tap the name of the currently loaded Playlist to bring up the Playlist File Selection display.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 04:55:24 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: dlepera

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 05:26:57 PM »
Hello. There may be a very simple answer to this question but I can't seem to figure out how to delete everything in my playlist so that I can then add everything from my registration folder.  What would be nice is if I can create a playlist folder with all my different registration instead of having over 400 entries pop up as soon as I open the playlist.                 dom

Just create a new playlist. You can have as many as you want.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline dlepera

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 06:26:37 PM »
Thank you all for your response.. I have read the manual... But did not see anything that would do a SELECT ALL to delete everything in the playlist currently there and allow me to start over? Is there a way to do that or do I have to do each individually?   dom

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 06:45:37 PM »
Thank you all for your response.. I have read the manual... But did not see anything that would do a SELECT ALL to delete everything in the playlist currently there and allow me to start over? Is there a way to do that or do I have to do each individually?   dom

To delete a playlist:
1. Press the Playlist button
2. Tap the name of the playlist (at the top of the screen). This will display a list of all your playlists
3. Tap File>Delete>[playlist name]>Delete.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

The following users thanked this post: dlepera

Offline dlepera

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2021, 07:24:54 PM »
Thanks Fred. So it seems because when I initially loaded content into my play list it loaded each registration individually hence why I have over 400 entries in there.  So as you are all saying as well as the manual, I have 400 sections/deletes to do before the list is completely clean. So at that point I will create a playlist folder and I should be good.   Regards.           dom

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 04:59:29 AM »
Thanks Fred. So it seems because when I initially loaded content into my play list it loaded each registration individually hence why I have over 400 entries in there.  So as you are all saying as well as the manual, I have 400 sections/deletes to do before the list is completely clean. So at that point I will create a playlist folder and I should be good.   Regards.           dom

First, I don't know why you would delete anything. Why not keep the playlist, and just create others.
Second, when you delete a playlist, all of its entries are deleted, so it you really don't want the playlist, just delete it as I showed you.
Third, you don't create a playlist "folder". You just create playlists. The keyboard knows where to find them, and if you tried to put them into a folder, it would lose track of them.

It's true that when you loaded "content" (ie, your music finder), the keyboard created 400 registrations. Again, there's no need to delete the registrations, but you can if you want, and you can do it all in one mass deletion.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline dlepera

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 10:17:29 PM »
Hi Fred.  I am sorry if I may not be making my self clear and perhaps using the wrong terminology.
My 400 entries in the playlist are really individual entries.  So when I got my keyboard and I pressed playlist there were only a handful of entries which came with it, so I deleted them in the same manner that  you suggested, leaving me with zero entries in the playlist.

So then for example I took registration entry " The Rose" and loaded it into the playlist. Now when I pressed the play list button I saw only the one entry "The Rose".  I then took every entry in the registration folder which I had created(400 of them) and loaded them into the playlist. I then deleted the duplicate entry "The Rose" which had already been previously loaded. End result was what I have today, 400 entries. 

I guess if I had just created playlists like Tango and put all my Tango registrations there and say Polkas, etc I would have a smaller list(if I understand things correctly) and each list would be nicely identified and not confusing as it is now when looking for an entry.  Am I still making sense?

Hope I am not totally confused on something soo simple and sorry if I am causing you any frustration with trying to relay the correct information to me and me being perhaps pigheaded.

I really do appreciate your patience and support.            dom 

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2021, 10:44:45 PM »
Hi Dom,

You just have to find out (using the hints already given here) how to create a NEW (EMPTY) Playlist. (You can create as many new Playlists as you want, name them as you wish and link your Registrations there as you wish.)

You'll also need to figure out how to SWITCH between the existing Playlists. You do this, as mentioned, by tapping on the name of the currently loaded Playlist in the Playlist display (box in the top center of the display). Just create a new, empty Playlist and make sure that the new Playlist is definitely loaded then (so that the NAME of the Playlist is shown at the top of the display). "Forget" the "old" Playlist with the 400 Records: As long as you don't load it again, it won't bother you anymore.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 10:47:09 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

matrix1999

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2021, 11:01:14 PM »
It sounds like he wants to clear out the playlist.  As others have suggested,  create a new playlist and put the songs you want in the new list.  You don’t have to delete all songs individually.  As I understand it,  the playlist is one file.  If you don’t want the file anymore just delete the one playlist file from your USB or user folder. 

Offline dlepera

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2021, 10:32:58 PM »
Hello,  and thank you all for all this good information.. 

I have read all the replies over and over along with the manuals and I think I may kind of understand the structure a little.  If I am correct, playlists are not folder which contain actual registrations files **.Rgt,  in them. I am now thinking they are just pointers to the locations of the **Rgt files and creating different playlists organizes them in a way for quick access.  Unlike the registrations which can be conveniently put into actual USB or USER file folders and then managed like an actual PC file.  So if I delete any entry in the Playlist, I am NOT really deleting the actual **.Rgt file in the source registration folder, but, only a pointer to it in the playlist.

I performed the delete of all entries manually anyway as I wanted a "clean" start. And with your information I will see if I can accomplish what I am after.

BTW, I have checked out the UTubes and forum entries(soo many forum topics on playlists) and don't see anything describing in detail everything from start to finish for a NEWBIE like me.  I don't think I stand alone here as simple as it may seem to others. 

Again I do thank you all for your support and tolerance of my lack of understanding on this matter and now I have some good notes to continue my Playlist Homework!

Regards              dom

« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 02:04:10 AM by dlepera »