Author Topic: SX900/700 onboard speaker sound bad ? Try this setup , EQing and Subwoofer add.  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Totomo

I own the sx900 since November 2019 and here is my current practice room setup and EQing.

The NS SW100 sub just work well and fuller up overall sound.

Hopehelp

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 02:01:13 PM by Totomo »

The following users thanked this post: geoff5798

Offline Totomo

Pretty headache can't post more than 3 images on one post..
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 01:57:47 PM by Totomo »

Offline Totomo

Continue

Sub woofer distance to wall are 5 inch and Sub woofer volume set on 4.5 .

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 01:57:17 PM by Totomo »

The following users thanked this post: Arnie

Offline ton37

Glad you are very satisfied with your setup and thank you for sharing this, @Totomo. This can help for those who have the same equipment.
It is a subject to which attention is paid very regularly. The conclusion is almost always: what sounds good to you, sounds awful to someone else. In other words, whether something sounds 'good' is very personal. I guarantee that if you give 10 other people the opportunity to set up your studio setup to their liking, you will see 10 different setups. There are dozens of variables between sender <> receiver. But perhaps that's why it remains an interesting topic. Btw. I often use the SX900 internal speakers, even in my home studio, which sound great to MY ears. ;)
My best regards,
Ton

The following users thanked this post: Bissig, Totomo

Offline mikf

As Ton says the most important thing is that you like the sound. If you already have the sub woofer, very reasonable to use it to improve the sound. I suspect a lot of people might prefer a pair of decent 5 inch monitors to improve the sound for similar cost or less  if they don’t already own the sub woofer.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: Totomo

Offline Totomo

Just a kindly share, it could be useful or useless for someone.

The following users thanked this post: sardonyx