Author Topic: Genos case (Yamaha SCC) short review  (Read 1134 times)

Genos case (Yamaha SCC) short review
« on: October 03, 2021, 11:00:17 AM »
Dear friends,

I like to share my experience with the original gig bag for Genos, that I recently purchased, after quite a long search.

I was first oriented to get some hard molded case like Gator, but lately I opted for the Yamaha gig bag, mainly because of the additional external bags and the dedicated music stand sack.

After purchase and experimenting, I'm very happy of this choice. So let me share a short review that eventually could be interesting for other people.

The bag is beautifully constructed and finished, with strong zippers, 3 handles (one on each end plus one at the center), robust wheels making very easy to pull the bag, and a very convenient shoulder strap that allows  one person to lift (/drop) and move the bag with no effort.

The inside, of course, fits perfectly Genos, and a very convenient red sack with strong reinforcements provides full protection for the music stand. An additional red pad (very elegant!) protects Genos all around the edges.

The generous padding for the all bag makes a perfect protection for gig transportation and handling.  I would not consider at all this bag for shipping or air luggage situations, as it is designed as a gig bag.

Two large bags (each one can optionally be removed, by opening zippers), each divided in two sections with zippers, and many pockets for smaller items, provide large space for cables, microphone, tablet (dedicated hard housing), expression pedal, and whatever else one needs to take. Real a lot of space.

Thank to the shoulder strap, it is very easy to put the bag into my car trunk, with no need another person to help.

Paid 259 Euros, including shipping cost, an important investment for the safety of my beloved Genos.

Ciao

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

The following users thanked this post: GUILLERMO

Offline Rick D.

Re: Genos case (Yamaha SCC) short review
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 12:37:01 PM »
Angelo

Nice bag, here is the link for it for people that would like to purchase one. https://www.thomannmusic.com/yamaha_scc_genos_keyboardbag.htm?ref=mobile

Rick D.

Offline Toril S

Re: Genos case (Yamaha SCC) short review
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 01:46:16 PM »
Great review Angelo! I am also very happy with the Genos bag. Thanks for putting the link Rick. I really reccomend people getting this bag, it is fantastic! The Genos desveves to have such a fine house!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page