Author Topic: Difficulty recording Multi Track song in PSR SX600?  (Read 1251 times)

ACSACS

Difficulty recording Multi Track song in PSR SX600?
« on: October 27, 2021, 06:37:34 PM »
Can anyone help please, I'm getting a bit confused trying to record on channels 2 - 8 for a multitrack song.

If I start a new song and record, the style obviously gets saved onto channels 9-16, and it looks like my main piano sound (my currently selected sound) is saved on channel 1. So far so good!

Now I want to overdub another sound.

I select a new sound.
I hold [REC] in the song transport section.
I enable another channel to 'rec' and perform

When I play back nothing is recorded for the new sound.

I'm probably missing something very obvious, but I can't see what!

Can anyone help please? Thanks

Offline DerekA

Re: Difficulty recording Multi Track song in PSR SX600?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 08:14:36 PM »
After you've selected the channel to record on, you also need to select the source which will be recorded on it. You can pick from L, R1, R2, multipad 1, etc etc. By default, channel 2 records the L part.
Genos

ACSACS

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 09:01:41 PM »
Hi, thankyou very much for this. I'd literally just managed to work it out from the manual too. I must have read it in a bit of a rush of excitement the first time.

Appreciate the quick response though. Amazing what these keyboards can do really!

janamdo

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 11:23:14 PM »
Hi, thankyou very much for this. I'd literally just managed to work it out from the manual too. I must have read it in a bit of a rush of excitement the first time.

Appreciate the quick response though. Amazing what these keyboards can do really!
Yes, i am also happy with  my SX600