Author Topic: Easy way to play piano on SX600  (Read 1774 times)

janamdo

Easy way to play piano on SX600
« on: September 30, 2021, 01:08:04 PM »
There is no piano mode on SX600, so how do i get easy a piano sound on the whole keyboard ?

Offline reya

Re: Easy way to play piano on SX600
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 03:18:46 PM »
When Genos, SX900 or SX700 are powered on, a piano voice is by default selected (active) on the entire keyboard key range.

Are you saying SX 600 behaves differently ?

Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 03:24:46 PM »
There is no piano mode on SX600, so how do i get easy a piano sound on the whole keyboard ?

You need to remove (or adjust) your split point. Or, select the same piano voice for both left and right parts.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

janamdo

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 03:49:45 PM »
When Genos, SX900 or SX700 are powered on, a piano voice is by default selected (active) on the entire keyboard key range.

Are you saying SX 600 behaves differently ?
Thanks
I don't know if the SX600 now is in his default state ?
The acmp is not lit ,but the styleselection are lit, so the piano is not playing in the acmp section 

janamdo

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 03:51:31 PM »
You need to remove (or adjust) your split point. Or, select the same piano voice for both left and right parts.

Cheers,
Fred
Thanks
Selecting the same piano sound for both keyboard oparts seems to me the most convenient.

The following users thanked this post: TheBitfiddler

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2021, 05:10:20 PM »
I don't have an SX600 but on all Yamaha arrangers I am familiar with if you select full keyboard fingering mode and then your favorite piano voice you should get piano on the full keyboard. I imagine this also work on SX600.This is the way most piano players would use this.  And if you use accompaniment when set this way and it will respond to all notes played. There is no need to change the split point doing it this way.
Mike

Offline DerekA

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2021, 05:35:45 PM »
Just make sure that the LEFT voice is not active, and only R1 voice is active with the Piano selected.

And this should be the default when it powers on .....?

janamdo

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 09:34:43 PM »
I don't have an SX600 but on all Yamaha arrangers I am familiar with if you select full keyboard fingering mode and then your favorite piano voice you should get piano on the full keyboard. I imagine this also work on SX600.This is the way most piano players would use this.  And if you use accompaniment when set this way and it will respond to all notes played. There is no need to change the split point doing it this way.
Mike
Thanks
Indeed, a used full keyboard fingering mode now a few days ago back and with ACMP on there is also chord detection.

janamdo

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2021, 09:43:43 PM »
Just make sure that the LEFT voice is not active, and only R1 voice is active with the Piano selected.

And this should be the default when it powers on .....?
Thanks
I just check this and its default as you mention.