Author Topic: Serious problem  (Read 5051 times)

Offline NAMA

Serious problem
« on: September 27, 2021, 06:25:20 PM »
I have a serious problem with the touch screen of my CVP-609. It looks like the touch area has shifted downwards for about 1 or 2cm, e.g if I touch a voice/style or song the upper located item is choosen. I also cannot choose the lowest icons anymore, including the menu icon. Ik already tried to restore factory settings by pressing C7 when switching on. No result. I am getting desperate. Can anybody help me?
Never too old to learn.
Genos,Korg K49 and CVP709PE

Offline tangothomas

Re: Serious problem
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 07:02:16 PM »
Hi!

Have you tried Utility, Display, Calibration?

Rgs

Thomas

Offline NAMA

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 07:13:06 PM »
Cannot calibrate because cannot get into the menu. If I touch the menu icon the upper located icon is choosen.
Never too old to learn.

Offline NAMA

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 07:40:44 PM »
I found that the touchscreen area must be re-calibrated but the problem is that the menu icon cannot be activated because the touch area seems to have shifted downwards to much. Is there another way to get into the menu?
Never too old to learn.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 08:47:13 PM »
Hi Bert,

I recommend calling up the internal Test Program of the CVP-609 and running test #052 Touch Screen Check there. The touch screen is also calibrated during this test. Then you run test #054 Test Exit to exit the Test Program. Maybe you are lucky and that solves the problem.

If not, you could go back to the Test Program and do a full Factory Reset. (However, this will delete all user data, including the entire User drive!)

To carry out the reset, first run test #053 Factory Set. Note: After performing this Factory Set function, be sure to execute #054 Test Exit. At this time, do not turn off the power until “GrandPiano1” appears on the LCD display.

If the problem is not solved even by a full Factory Reset, only Yamaha Service can help you.

Important: In order to run the Test Program, you absolutely need the corresponding service documents. You are welcome to contact me via PM (Personal Message), then I will send you detailed information.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: NAMA

Offline NAMA

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2021, 07:13:16 AM »
Thanks Chris, I sent you a message.
Bert
Never too old to learn.

Offline NAMA

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2021, 12:07:34 PM »
Good news Chris. Following the instructions of test 52 that you sent me I was able to calibrate the touch screen and to my surprise this solved the problem. Great thanks to you!
Bert
Never too old to learn.

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2021, 03:08:54 PM »
Good news Chris. Following the instructions of test 52 that you sent me I was able to calibrate the touch screen and to my surprise this solved the problem. Great thanks to you!
Bert

Hi Bert,

I am very happy that it worked and that this solved the touch screen problem!

P.S.
I forgot to mention on my PM: The service document I sent you is for your personal use only. Please do not post the file or the download link publicly on the Internet.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: NAMA

Offline NAMA

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2021, 05:34:27 PM »
Hi Bert,

I am very happy that it worked and that this solved the touch screen problem!

P.S.
I forgot to mention on my PM: The service document I sent you is for your personal use only. Please do not post the file or the download link publicly on the Internet.

Best regards,
Chris

Of course I will respect this.
Thanks again,
Bert
Never too old to learn.

Offline tangothomas

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 09:21:19 PM »
Bert!

I’m glad you solved the problem. overover seems to have good knowledge on many problems and is very helpful to forum members. I can confirm that the testprogram can solve several issues if reset does not work. I have a CVP 605 and a CVP 709. And the procedure is similar on both. You have to press a key combination when you hold the on switch down. There is an alternative method on 709. You press three voices simutaneously and turn on the power switch.

Then TEST is shown on the LCD-screen. You have to scroll down the program list to choose what you want to check. On the 709 it runs from 001-056. You can check ROM, Backlight, Pitch, Pedals and so on. But it’s advisable to have the instructions as overover states if you are performing this on your own. If sucessful you don’t have to call in a Yamaha tech.

Offline NAMA

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2021, 10:11:59 AM »
The problem was that fingerposition did not correspond with the icons on the touchscreen, il looked like there was a shift of more than 1cm so I could not activate the menu icon at the bottom of the homepage screen and thus was not able to activate the recalibration screen. By using the testprocedure 52 the recalibration screen showing the four crosspoints in the corners popped up and recallibration could be carried out. Thanks to the tip of overover!
I still wonder why the positioning of the touchscreenchanged unexpectly.
Bert
Never too old to learn.

Offline mikf

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2021, 11:14:50 AM »
I still wonder why the positioning of the touchscreenchanged unexpectly.
Bert
If you were in the UK the cause would be obvious - either Brexit or Covid or combination of both because apparently they are the cause of everything. But since you are in Holland it’s more likely some complex technical glitch! ;D
Mike
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 05:11:42 PM by mikf »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2021, 04:22:16 PM »
LOL Mike😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Meiwoos

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2023, 07:47:42 PM »
Hi my son is having the exact same problem, can some one help please?

Offline overover

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2023, 08:21:09 PM »
Hi my son is having the exact same problem, can some one help please?

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Meiwoos!

I have replied to your PM. If the normal System Reset suggested there does not help, please PM me again, as written, stating the exact model of your CVP.

Best regards,
Chris

madirv

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2023, 09:00:11 PM »
Mike---as a UK resident I can absolutely confirm your comment.  Brexit and Covid have indeed caused every condition known to man.  We no longer need doctors---we self diagnose---and as for industry or technology---its one or t'other  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D