Author Topic: Reseting default settings  (Read 1413 times)

OhNo

Reseting default settings
« on: September 25, 2021, 03:22:49 PM »
Keyboard: psr-S670

Hello, I have a little problem.
I bought a flash memory to use it as a storage for anything I'll do in my keyboard.

How it happened
I didn't know how to use it properly so I asked my teacher how to store styles and recording, first my teacher showed me how to store the styles like [Right 1], [Right 2],
, and [acompanion style] then it was stored on memory register 1 button then a change/second part was stored on register 2 button, and it was stored on usb. Then I came home to try it with my keyboard this was the first time ever I putted usb on my keyboard, then I clicked [usb] and scrolled to regist section.

What happened
When I loaded it, everything was fine, it sounded and setting looked like it was a copy from the teacher's keyboard. However when I pulled off the usb and turned off my keyboard, then I turned it on. I thought it has forgotten the usb settings, I thought it would come back the default settings as usual. Unfortunatelly it did not :( , everything was changed.

I decided to look the instruction manual for any help

It mentioned about holding power button and highest key C6 for factory reset, on the other hand I saw a youtube video that pressed [function] -> [settings] -> [reset] and there were choices what will reset, I didn't know which one to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHWc9jlDFDw

If I factory reset the keyboard will I lose the sounds? I didnt saved anything on keyboard memory, everything is saved on usb.

And every time I put usb and play the content each time it will change the settings, is there anyway to prevent keyboard to remember usb settings?

Or there other solution for this problem, (if is factory reset unnecessary).

Thank you
Have a nice day

-OhNo

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Reseting default settings
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 04:49:58 PM »
To answer your questions a reset will not change your voices.

The question we have is what are "usb settings", and what do you want it to remember?

The general answer is you create a setup registration which sets up the keyboard the way you want, and load this registration every time you power on.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

OhNo

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 05:34:51 PM »
Hello Fred,

To answer your questions a reset will not change your voices.

Oh no that means if I reset it, the usb setting won't go away?

The question we have is what are "usb settings"

By Usb settings I meant the registry preparation that was saved on usb.
I changed the voices and style, and the whole preparation was saved in usb.
Then I loaded on my keyboard and picked that preparation on my usb, it changed to sounds that I chose on teacher's keyboard.

However, after turning it on again it remembers the last preparation that was loaded from usb.
It did not only change the voices it changed the left and right ratio, then individual volume and acmp has a loud bass sound and many more, also I forgot to add that after loading from the usb, the registry button number 7, is not shining green.

and what do you want it to remember?

I want it to remember nothing, only default settings that's why

The general answer is you create a setup registration which sets up the keyboard the way you want, and load this registration every time you power on.

Oh where? I am interested,  I'm gonna check the manual.

But before that I have to set it back just the way it was when I bought, and I don't know what to do.
Because I remember very little about

Do I factory reset
or
is there any other way to bring back the default settings?

Thank you, for your reply
-OhNo

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 05:57:05 PM »
To bring back the keyboard’s default settings, do a reset. Power on plus highest white key.

To create a setup registration, watch my video (link in my signature).

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons