Author Topic: Yamaha L7B Keyboard stand?  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Rich Z

Yamaha L7B Keyboard stand?
« on: September 23, 2021, 05:42:16 PM »
How many of you are using the L7B stand with your Genos?  Is it a "made to fit" stand or is it just a generic stand that the Genos will "fit" on?  I have mine on a generic "Z" stand I've had laying around here for years, and it fits OK, but since I have a decent "freebie" code from the place I bought the Genos from, I could get the stand for free along with some other items of interest.  So is it worthwhile using the L7B stand instead of something that is just a generic "OK" fit?
Genos, Korg Kronos, two left feet for hands.  :(

Re: Yamaha L7B Keyboard stand?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 08:59:15 PM »
Hi Rich,

There's probably a dozen or so stands the Genos can sit on. As long is it doesn't bounce or teeter, I'd go with what you have and use the credit for some other interesting stuff. Perhaps an FC-7 pedal for effects and other stuff?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 09:15:34 PM »
Rich,

It's a very stable stand, but no good for gigging as it doesn't break down easily.
It is the same design as the Tyros stand except it is black instead of silver.

I don't like the keyboard moving at all when I am playing, but I know this is not true for many players.

Rick D.

Offline Rich Z

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 10:01:36 PM »
Hi Rich,

There's probably a dozen or so stands the Genos can sit on. As long is it doesn't bounce or teeter, I'd go with what you have and use the credit for some other interesting stuff. Perhaps an FC-7 pedal for effects and other stuff?

Actually I have a $900 credit to play with, and it is a one shot deal.  Use it all at once or lose it kind of thing. If I only use $100 of it, the rest will be wasted.  So I am trying to make the best of it.  Perhaps the stand would make the resale value better when the time comes to sell it? Same goes for the speakers.  I don't really NEED them, but what the heck.  If the shop had offered a bundle with all the additionals included for the price I paid for the Genos alone, would I have purchased it that way? Probably.  Everything comes with free shipping, so that isn't a consideration.

Actually I got the stand I am using when I bought my Korg Kronos back in 2015. Came as a package deal, much like indicated above. Been sitting in the box all this time.  I didn't need it then because I put the Kronos on a work desk I bought.

I dunno, is it just wrong of me to get stuff that I really don't need just because I would be getting it for free?

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 10:22:23 PM »
I have my Genos on a sturdy x stand. The Genos stand is to big and hefty for my liking. But on the good side it is very stable, and there is much room under there for the subwoofer and ypur pedals. I would take it if you get it for free!  Here it is very expensive!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 04:00:53 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 02:25:34 AM »
I have my Genos on L7 stand, steady as a rock but not suitable to carry around. Consider it a fixture.

Offline Rich Z

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 01:21:00 AM »
Well, the Genos is going to be effectively chained in place and not wandering the countryside. So I ordered the stand and a few other items of interest using the discount code I got from the seller of the keyboard.  So for the $902 batch of accessory stuff I bought, it only cost me $2 out of pocket.

Worst comes to worst, the additionals should help when it comes time to sell the Genos.

Thanks for the feedback!