Author Topic: Genos AUDIO punch-in punch-out observation  (Read 1169 times)

Offline tyros2009

Genos AUDIO punch-in punch-out observation
« on: September 22, 2021, 07:35:53 PM »
Today, I test the AUDIO multi recording (music on main track, then vocal on sub track).
This works as expected. Then I try to record one vocal section just to see how Genos works.
Using the manual punch-in punch-out method, I play 10sec before the section to re-record, by the time it's near I push the REC button and sing to record, when this section ends, I push the PLAY/PAUSE button on screen (per reference manual).
The player stops to process this newly recorded section !!! 
I expect the player continues to play to allow me to do another punch-in punch out if I want to.
Is there another way to do this ?

For punch-in / punch-out / my hand held recorder (microBOSS BR) simply plays, when I push REC , it goes into punch in mode, when I push REC again, it stops recording over but continue to play, allowing further punch-in/punch-out. This is intuitive and very user friendly.

I have to say various recording modes (SIMPLE, MULTI, MIDI , AUDIO) are much easier for users than on TYROS. Thanks to the large screen containing all the important parameters, soft buttons of the recording functions.

Not only that, a song recorded as SIMPLE can still be used in MULTI mode. That makes a lot of sense and saves some duplication of work.

Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770

Offline mikf

Re: Genos AUDIO punch-in punch-out observation
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 09:25:59 PM »
I could be wrong because I have never tried it or looked into it, but  think punch in/out does not work with audio recording, only MIDI.
The recording function is a nice feature on the arranger and works reasonably, but there is no doubt that many dedicated recording devices might have more features than the arranger recording does.
Mike 

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Genos AUDIO punch-in punch-out observation
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 09:52:33 PM »
I could be wrong because I have never tried it or looked into it, but  think punch in/out does not work with audio recording, only MIDI.
The recording function is a nice feature on the arranger and works reasonably, but there is no doubt that many dedicated recording devices might have more features than the arranger recording does.
Mike

Punch in/out works with audio recordings, same as midi. I've used it myself.

You just need a moment of silence before you punch in for maximum effectiveness.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons