Author Topic: PSR S970 Mixer  (Read 1459 times)

Offline mal10840

PSR S970 Mixer
« on: September 22, 2021, 02:07:52 PM »
i have been trying to modify a style on the mixer panel. i want to turn on the pad and alter it, but even though it shows to be on it doesn't light up so obviously no sound. Is it the case that some styles will not allow the pad to be on??

Offline DerekA

Re: PSR S970 Mixer
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 02:24:06 PM »
If I understand your question properly, you've loaded a style and the pad channel is off by default.

It's possible that there is no data recorded in the pad channel on that (or any) variation. I would recommend you open the style creator and use the style assembly function to copy in a pad channel from another style that you know has one. Then save the style under a new name. You can then alter the voice / notes however you want (it's a copy of the data in the other style, not a link to it).
Genos

Offline johan

Re: PSR S970 Mixer
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 08:29:18 PM »
On the SX700, there is a flashing dot that indicates if a channel is playing notes (the dot is to the left side of each channel’s volume). I guess there is something similar on the S970. If the dot is not flashing for a certain channel, it means that there is no data in it so it does not make sense as such to change the instrument of the channel. You will then need to proceed as Derek has suggested, or simply use another style where the pad channel is actively used.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463