Author Topic: 2021 Lessons Collection  (Read 6193 times)

Offline Joe W

2021 Lessons Collection
« on: September 20, 2021, 05:33:50 PM »
After many months, I have completed the update of the Lessons Collection.  The "2017 Lessons" collection has now been replaced by the "2021 Lessons Collection." The new, updated, product includes most of the content of the current web site as of now, September, 2021.  It also includes lots of useful file collections (styles, midi songs, registrations, playlists, music finder databases, and utilities). You can find a more detailed description here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/lessons2021.html

The latest two collections, the updated Lessons and Styles #16, which has styles from most of Yamaha keyboards arranged by genre, together provide any new Yamaha owner with great resources to help get the most out of their keyboards.  Of course, providing these collections to Yamaha owners is how I keep the web site and this forum running.  My grateful thanks to all of you who are "supporters" of the PSR Tutorial!

Re: 2021 Lessons Collection
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 06:09:25 PM »
Dear Joe,

the huge skill and time, highly qualified, that you devote to this excellent Site, are amazing!

I personally know for sure that without this site my knowledge of Yamaha keyboards would be quite poor....

Thank you so much

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

The following users thanked this post: Joe W, YammyFan, ilieionesi

Offline ton37

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 08:56:00 PM »
Dear Joe W. , my sincere thanks and admiration for the time and energy you put into this forum over and over again. That deserves all the respect!
My best regards,
Ton

The following users thanked this post: Joe W, YammyFan, ilieionesi

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 09:58:43 PM »
Thank you so much Joe! :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Joe W

ekurburski

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 10:12:20 PM »
Yes, one more thank you Joe.  The site has been my main goto for psr info for several years now.

The following users thanked this post: Joe W, ilieionesi

Offline Rich Z

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 10:57:33 PM »
This sounds like something worth having!  But please excuse the newbie question about it....

In the text, there is the statement "If you received this collection on a USB drive,", without much explanation about this being optional as opposed to downloading the files.  There appears to be only the opportunity to download this library with the clickable purchase button, whereas I would like to receive this via USB stick. So what am I missing?  I don't see an option to order this in the manner I prefer.  Granted it MIGHT be on that page and I just overlooked it, so please, if so just slap me in the face with that info.   :-[
Genos, Korg Kronos, two left feet for hands.  :(

The following users thanked this post: ilieionesi

Offline Joe W

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 06:01:55 AM »
....In the text, there is the statement "If you received this collection on a USB drive,", without much explanation about this being optional as opposed to downloading the files.  There appears to be only the opportunity to download this library with the clickable purchase button, whereas I would like to receive this via USB stick. So what am I missing?  I don't see an option to order this in the manner I prefer.  Granted it MIGHT be on that page and I just overlooked it, so please, if so just slap me in the face with that info.   :-[

The "Lessons" like all the other style and song collections are offered as downloadable files.  There is an option to order a new 32GB USB drive.  Anyone who orders the drive along with one or more data collections will get ALL of the data collections they ordered placed on the USB drive, unzipped and ready to use, and the drive is mailed out via the postal service.  The download links are also sent out but since things will be on the USB drive when it arrives, the buyer does not have to download anything.  The electronic links are in case they want to get to the data right away.
-- Joe Waters
PSR-SX900
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Rich Z, ilieionesi

Offline Rich Z

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 01:03:30 AM »
I am not sure if this is the proper thread for this discussion, but if you don't mind, could you tell me how many would be duplicates in the above from the following other items I may be interested in?

• Styles #16-Genre
  • Styles #15
  • MIDI Library

Thanks!

Offline Joe W

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 10:42:09 PM »
I am not sure if this is the proper thread for this discussion, but if you don't mind, could you tell me how many would be duplicates in the above from the following other items I may be interested in?

• Styles #16-Genre
  • Styles #15
  • MIDI Library

Thanks!
Most new style collections do not have any duplicates from earlier collections.  In the case of #16, since it includes styles from every Yamaha keyboard, most of which have appeared in earlier style collections (or in the forum), there are duplicates but they are in a unique arrangement.  The 5,000 or so PSR Performer midi files are in the MIDI Library, but they are also provided in the Lessons collection as are a number of styles that had appeared in earlier style releases.
-- Joe Waters
PSR-SX900
PSR Performer Page

Offline Rich Z

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2021, 11:33:25 PM »
OK thanks.  Payment via PayPal is on it's way to you right now.

Offline FRANCIS67

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2021, 01:11:24 PM »
Thanks Joe.

I payed via paypal.

anst........fr....@n...fr