Author Topic: Reset  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Ray

Reset
« on: September 19, 2021, 11:13:52 PM »
Can someone please tell me the reset procedure on the CVP 809. Does it affect saved registrations and midi files stored within User. Also, is a reset advisable, periodically, to keep things running well. I guess it would be the same for the Genos as well. Thankyou for replies. Ray.

Offline mikf

Re: Reset
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 10:12:41 AM »
Ray
You have two ways on your CVP.
A simple factory reset is done by pressing the utmost right key while switching power on. This only sets basic factory defaults and does not affect any stored files like registrations or midis. But you should not have to use this routinely to prevent issues. It can be useful if you get problem like a freeze up, as a first stop to fix the problem, but by and large you should not have to mess with it. I have never ever had to reset any of my Yamaha keyboards.
A second more detailed way is to access Utilities on the menu then select backup /reset. This gives a variety of options on more than one screen and you really need to read the manual to understand what the choices are. The back up functions are useful, but again, reset is not a requirement for normal operation.
Mike
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 10:50:14 AM by mikf »

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 10:13:35 AM »
Hold down C7 (right most key on the keyboard) and power up, to reset to factory defaults, page 42-43 of the owners manual refers.
Don’t know why you would want to reset, unless there is something wrong with the keyboard?
May be best to Backup your files first, just to be safe.
I’ve had my CVP805 nearly 2 years and never felt the need to reset, still works perfectly.  ;D

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 11:21:32 AM »
Thank you  Mike and Kenneve. I’ve never had any problems or issues with this great Clavinova keyboard.  My enquire was only if a problem arose, like it freezing, it is good to know procedure. I’ve previously had a few Lowrey organs, and on occasions, had this problem of the organ freezing. Many thanks for your replies, and I love the Clavinova, which I use more like a Tyros/ Genos than piano.