Author Topic: Adding text notes to a registration  (Read 1897 times)

Offline jcm2016

Adding text notes to a registration
« on: September 19, 2021, 02:11:48 PM »
I want to add some text notes to registrations I make to tell me which book (meaning physical sheet music) to look in for the sheet music, plus some other info.  From what I've seen on here, it looks like lots of people don't need to use sheet music (I'm envious!).  I've seen some that arrange their registrations into folders based on the particular book.  That way you'll know what folder you've looked in.  Also, if you you use the search function, you'll have the path of the folder, so can see what book to get.  I could use the text in the naming of the registration bank and/or the text in the naming of the particular registration, but there isn't much there.  In my mind, I'm sort of thinking like bubble comments in Word or comments attached to a cell in Excel.  I suspect this a question with no right and wrong - just what works for the individual.  Since I'm new, I'm interested in what others have done.  In principle I really like the idea of musicsoft one that links registrations with the iPad (haven't tried it), but it seems like a lot of setup.  Thank you!

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Adding text notes to a registration
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 02:53:12 PM »
In addition to the options you listed, you could create a text file for each of your song registrations. Then you would have lots of room to store whatever info you want.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jcm2016

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 07:45:11 PM »
Thank you.  Is there a way to do that on the keyboard?  I couldn't figure it out.   

Offline jcm2016

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 12:18:54 PM »
Hello - I was wondering if anyone had some instructions on how to create a text file attached to a registration while on the keyboard?  I couldn't see how to make that happen.   Much appreciated.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 01:30:49 PM »
Thank you.  Is there a way to do that on the keyboard?  I couldn't figure it out.

Hello - I was wondering if anyone had some instructions on how to create a text file attached to a registration while on the keyboard?  I couldn't see how to make that happen.   Much appreciated.

Hi jcm2016,

you cannot create a Text file (.txt) directly on the keyboard. Instead, you'll need to use a computer. You can use a simple text editor such as the Windows Editor (Notepad) or a word processing program such as Microsoft Word. It is important that you create a Text file with the file extension ".txt". You can then copy this to the USB stick (from there, if desired, also to the User drive) and then link it to the desired Registration.

To do this, first load the relevant Registration Bank and from there the desired Registration. Then you first load the text file manually (so that it is shown in the text display), press [Memory] button, make sure that all necessary checkmarks are set (including "Text") and press the active Registration button again to re-memorize the curently loaded Registration on it. Finally, of course, the Registration Bank must also be saved again.

By the way, you can add names or short notes to the individual Registrations (on buttons 1 - 8⁣) in the Regist Bank Edit display (press [Direct Access] button followed by one of the Regist Bank +/- buttons). You can then see these names e.g. in the Regist Bank Information display (press [Direct Access] button followed by one of the Registration buttons 1 - 4 (Voice) or one of the Registration buttons 5 - 8 (Style).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 02:43:51 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 02:39:00 PM »

No. You have to do it on a computer.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jcm2016

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 03:10:35 PM »
Thank you very much for the info

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 05:17:12 PM »
...........I'm interested in what others have done.  In principle I really like the idea of musicsoft one that links registrations with the iPad (haven't tried it), but it seems like a lot of setup.  Thank you!

Not sure if this is what you are asking but . . . .

I use software SongBook+ on the iPad . . . this links my PDF's on the iPad to the corresponding Genos registration. When i select a PDF it automatically brings up the Genos registration (the other way around too) .   Yes, the initial setup work can be considered a lot . . . . but just at the beginning . . . once you have a process it is not that much work to add a new song.

Hope this helps.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline jcm2016

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 10:15:53 PM »
Thanks for the response.  I'm toying with looking into that.  Since I have so little time for the keyboard, I'm trying to keep things as simple as I can.  I don't gig, so dead space between songs doesn't matter. 

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 08:25:07 PM »
I link "Mobile Sheets Pro" sheet music to registrations, by connecting a tablet to keyboard.
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings