Author Topic: Output L/L+R Jack fail  (Read 1451 times)

Offline juan37

Output L/L+R Jack fail
« on: September 19, 2021, 12:34:05 AM »
Hello everyone!
I have connected my PSR-S770 to a Behringer 150 Watts amplified studio speakers.
I previously had it connected with 2 mono mic cables, but as they started to fail, I replaced them with a stereo cable. But when connected to the L/L+R output jack, which is supposed to work as a stereo output, but only one channel comes out.

I temporarily connect the new cable to the headphone output, but I have the feeling that the audio quality is not the same as using the individual outputs on the back.

Does anyone know if it changes the equalization of the headphone output, with respect to the line output?

Will I have to disassemble the keyboard to fix the faulty stereo output?

Thanks,
           Juan

Offline johan

Re: Output L/L+R Jack fail
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 06:50:25 AM »
The L/L+R mixes the L and R signal in case no connection is present on the R which produces often not a very good result. You could try to connect to the R for better mono sound but for stereo you need a connection to both L and R.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

The following users thanked this post: juan37

Offline juan37

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 01:31:05 PM »
Well!

Then I must to cut the stereo plug, and replace it with 2 separate mono plugs!

Thank You!

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 04:11:22 PM »
Two separate mono plugs is the best way to go. However, using the headphone out is also a good viable option, but the headphone jack should be a right angle plug to prevent you from inadvertently hitting the plug and causing damage to the headphone board.

Good luck,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: juan37

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 02:14:19 AM »
If you can use the headphone jack, that may not be a bad choice. The audio signal for the LINE out and the HEADPHONES actually comes from the same DAC (digital to analog converter) so the sound is essentially the same. Also by plugging into the headphone jack the onboard speakers get muted automatically which you would otherwise need to do with a 'dummy' plug in the headphone jack if the line outs were used.
Yup, right angle plug to avoid expensive accidents.

[attachment deleted by admin]