Author Topic: Reg folder  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Paula

Reg folder
« on: September 17, 2021, 01:52:33 PM »
Genos.... I always make a folder in the user for my Reg.using a bank for one song  I name the folder ..... I copy the style and the text to the user bank !!!! question using the Genos must I make a folder using the same name as I did in Reg in the (style / text/ user area to link the Reg.? seems as though on the tyros 4 I made one folder on the hard drive and linked all the data together.  and that I must make three folders naming all three the same to link them  in the Genos or should I make one folder in the Reg and just copy the text and style to the user not making a folder and linking the Reg that way ? hope my question is understandable
   Genos is a great KB and is working out quite well Thanks
                     Paula

You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1xEYzY5g_0Nd5G9TkMY6mA/videos
Genos 1,Tyros 4 and Bose S1 Pro, Bose L1 Mod 2 w/tonematch
PSR S970

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Reg folder
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 02:24:28 PM »
Genos.... I always make a folder in the user for my Reg.using a bank for one song  I name the folder ..... I copy the style and the text to the user bank !!!! question using the Genos must I make a folder using the same name as I did in Reg in the (style / text/ user area to link the Reg.? seems as though on the tyros 4 I made one folder on the hard drive and linked all the data together.  and that I must make three folders naming all three the same to link them  in the Genos or should I make one folder in the Reg and just copy the text and style to the user not making a folder and linking the Reg that way ? hope my question is understandable

I’m having trouble understanding your question, Paula.

The first problem is your use of the term "folder". A folder is a collection of files. But you seem to be using it to refer to one file.

Regarding your question about whether you’re required to use the same name for different types of files (style, text, etc.), the answer is no. A registration can remember the file regardless of the name. You may WANT to use the same name to make it easier on yourself, but you don’t have to.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Paula

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 03:09:20 PM »
 :)
 Good Morning Fred , thankyou, I make and name a folder in the user Reg area I put a collection of files in the folder, I know the Reg will remember were I save to, and yes you answered my question I do like to keep the files organized by naming the style and text folder all the same , I thought it was necessary to do so  as I watched a you tube video saying you can only have 250 events the user or each  folder  although how could that be with 58gb of memory on the KB? thanks again , I guess my question was hard to understand and your answer was very clear,
    best regards
     Paula

You Tube
PSR S970

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 03:25:27 PM »
:)
 Good Morning Fred , thankyou, I make and name a folder in the user Reg area I put a collection of files in the folder, I know the Reg will remember were I save to, and yes you answered my question I do like to keep the files organized by naming the style and text folder all the same , I thought it was necessary to do so  as I watched a you tube video saying you can only have 250 events the user or each  folder  although how could that be with 58gb of memory on the KB? thanks again , I guess my question was hard to understand and your answer was very clear,

For older PSRs, the limit is 250 files per folder.
For newer PSRs, and Tyros keyboards, the limit is 500 files per folder.
For the Genos, the limit is 2500 files per folder.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Paula

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 06:09:08 PM »
Fred I tank you again, because of your help I have been able to set up my key boards, you are appreciated by me
     Paula
You Tube
PSR S970