Author Topic: Lifesaving tip for saving text file lyrics to registrations!  (Read 2085 times)

Lifesaving tip for saving text file lyrics to registrations!
« on: September 05, 2021, 02:06:11 AM »
On the off chance I'm not the only one who's had this problem, I just figured out how to properly link lyrics (txt files) to song registrations. For over a year I've been struggling with having the lyrics always revert to page 1 when I go to the next registration memory in the song sequence. That's because I was saving the text file over and over with each registration memory.

Save it ONLY to registration memory (button) 1. If you have accidentally saved that lyric text file to the other buttons in the sequence, the fix is to deselect the text file (open the text file window, check the x next to the title on the bottom left) and resave each registration (making sure that "text" is checked as an option to save). Now as you go through the song sequence, whatever page you are on in the lyrics will not revert but will remain independent of what section you are on.

For a super long song with a lot of lyrics, I had even gone to the trouble of linking 7 different text files. NO MORE!!! STOP THE INSANITY!  :D :D

Hope this helps someone. Had to share since this forum has been so helpful!

The following users thanked this post: chax

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Lifesaving tip for saving text file lyrics to registrations!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 04:13:13 AM »
Good advice when you’re using one text file for the song's entire lyrics.

The other option, which is what I do, is have each page of lyrics in a separate file (eg Diana1, Diana2, etc). Then I have my registrations load the appropriate file. This way, I don’t have to manually page down in the text file.

Sorry it took you a year to find your solution. Post more often to this forum. We’re here to help.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively