Author Topic: Helle everyone  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Elvisron

Helle everyone
« on: September 13, 2021, 08:17:55 AM »
Hi, my name is Ron, and together with my wife I have been active in the music industry for over 30 years.

At this moment I work in our home studio with a Yamaha Psr X900.

Our music preference is very broad: Country, Golden Oldies, Folk, Reggea, Rock, Rock and Roll, Blues, Jazz, Tex Mex, Americana, et cetera et cetera.

At the 21st of February this year, we've released our Full Album "Pictures of Home" with 9 country related songs all written, composed, arranged in Volendam by Kees Plat. This album has been picked up by UK Country Radio, Eagle Country Radio ( France ) and many many other radiostations world wide.

I've started playing the organ at my parents' home at the age of 8 years.

After a few years, at the age of 12 years old, I've had my first gig for family and friends .
After this I've got the hang of it and started performing with his father's organ.

At the age of 16 I bought bought my first keyboard, and many would follow.
From keyboards to synthesizers I've played lots of them, and performed on many events.

At the age of 25 I became the regular keyboard player in the band “Memory” from Apeldoorn, where I've met my current wife Gerrie. “Memory” performed 3 to 4 times a week through the whole country but also in Germany.

After the band Memory came to an end, we moved on. First as a quartet, then as a trio and and now for more than 25 years as a duo. We performed at various occasions, weddings, company parties, carnival, birthdays, etc. with an audience between 50 and 500 people.

For about 16 years we also performed in the Sauerland ( Germany ). We were welcome musicians in the various hotels and on various occasions.

After more than 20 years of playing the keyboards, I've decided to stop with playing the keys on stage and started working with backing tapes. The keys are now only played in their own home studio.

Regards,

Ron.

Bad music is what our kids like to hear. Good music is what we liked to hear as children.

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Helle everyone
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 08:45:34 AM »
Hi Ron,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  You certainly have a very extensive musical background.  I'm sure our members will learn a lot from you.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

https://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains 101,564 song titles in 2,634 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Elvisron

Offline Elvisron

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 09:10:32 AM »
Hi Roger,

thanks for the nice welcome words.

I am indeed quite active in the music world. For the last 12 years I haven't been actively performing with the keyboards on stage, because we started using backing tracks.

The reason for this was that at that time we had so many gigs, and I had to build and tear everything down every time before and after the gig, this was no longer possible. We then approached a sound engineer who controlled our sound and light from that time on.

The keyboard was used in the studio to make backing tapes and to occasionally jam with fellow musicians.

Now I am recently the proud owner of the SX900 which replaced the 9000Pro. Before this I played Korg Pa keyboards for years because I didn't really find the developments of Yamaha at the time. The T2 was a nice successor to the T1, but to call it wow and to have to pay a lot of extra money here was not worth it to me. And I also had that with the successors, the T3 and the T4.
From the T5 it started to get interesting, but I still didn't have that wow feeling.

After the arrival of the Genos, and having heard them, I had this wow feeling. The reason I (had to choose) opted for the SX900 is that the Genos is far outside the budget because our home studio will also receive an upgrade, such as a new digital mixing desk and then you have to make concessions.

What I do regret about Yamaha is that the financial gap between the SX900 and the Genos is far too big. Yamaha has always had this and personally I think this is way, way too big.

The SX900 costs around € 1900 here and the Genos costs around € 3900, which is a difference of more than € 2000. The Genos is more extensive, has 76 keys, more connections, more memory, et cetera, but that I don't understand this more than € 2000 more.

In any case, I don't regret my switch from Korg to Yamaha at all, because......finally Yamaha has released a worthy keyboard that will inspire you the moment you start playing with any style. I played on both a Korg Pa 1000, a Pa4x and the SX900 before my purchase and the inspiration I got while playing the SX900 I didn't get on the Korg series at all.

All in all it was a very good choice.
I hope I can help people here, but also that I can learn something again.

You make music with each other and not against each other.

Regards,

Ron.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 09:14:43 AM by Elvisron »
Bad music is what our kids like to hear. Good music is what we liked to hear as children.

Offline Colin D

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 10:23:07 AM »
Welcome to the wonderful PSR Forum,
Previous, Technics E44, E66, U90, G7, GX7 G100, Tyros 2, Tyros 5, now Genos,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNozAL1Whf-t4TJY5wPK57Q

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 01:37:21 PM »
Weøcome to the forum Ron!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 03:15:18 PM »
Welcome, Ron.

Nice to hear from you, here is a great site of Yamaha resources.
I invite you to know my YT channel at: www.youtube.com/pedromseleuterio
I can create styles and most of my performances I used them.

Welcome and regards from Brazil,
Pedro

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 07:55:44 PM »
Greetings Ron! Welcome to the forum; lots of resources and collective minds to gain from; but since you've been in music for so long, it's highly likely we'll be gaining a lot of insight from you, too!

Anyway, yes, the gap between Genos and PSRsx900 is large; but so is the gap in price from PA4x to PA1000 (in fact, nearly identical to the Yamaha one)... my guess most companies market research tells them that people will either try to go budget, bang for the buck, or just go all out for the best

Fun fact though: the PA700, PA1000, and PA4x contain the same chipsets (and voices); the difference is physical quality, vocoder/harmonizer, sample flash ram (the PA4x really does have wonderful keys)

Yamaha *does* re-use chipsets, but rarely within the same generation and key type (the sx700 is the same chipset as the s970/s975, the sx900 *is* unique, but mostly a Tyros 5 without any of the A.Art2 voices, but with the addition of Revo Compatible drums, and a 1 GB sample space), the sx600 and DGX670 do share the same chipset, but are physically quite different (61 unweighted vs 88 key weighted), etc. And the Genos similarly *only* shares the same chipset as the CVP809 (88 key, 88 weighted wooden keys, fantastic 7 way speaker system), and the sx900 shares it's chipset with the CVP805.

Mark

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2021, 10:52:06 PM »
Hi Ron,

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum!

All the best from Germany,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)