Author Topic: Video monitor  (Read 2797 times)

Offline alakino2

Video monitor
« on: August 23, 2021, 07:02:17 PM »
Hi folks,
Asking what kind of video monitor to use with the SX900?

Thank you,
Arthur

Offline overover

Re: Video monitor
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 08:09:38 PM »
Hi Arthur,

With the SX900 you need an external USB display adapter (just like with the Genos) to connect an external display. Depending on the USB display adapter used, you can, for example, connect external displays via VGA, HDMI or DVI plugs. The aspect ratio of the external display should be around 16:9 or 16:10 so that the image of the internal display (800*480 pixels) is optimally displayed.

I use the "USB2HDTRIO" adapter by i-TEC (on the Genos). This adapter supports all three mentioned connection types:
>>> https://www.thomann.de/gb/i_tec_usb2hdtrio.htm?ref=intl&shp=eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiZ2IiLCJjdXJyZW5jeSI6NCwibGFuZ3VhZ2UiOiJlbiJ9

Note: Only USB2 adapters are supported (not USB3), and only certain chipsets are supported. If you are using an adapter from the "Compatible USB Display Adapter List for PSR-SX900" list, you are on the safe side in any case.

You can download this list from the SX900 download page:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs

Please refer also to page 109 of the SX900 Owner's Manual ("Viewing the Instrument’s Display on an External Monitor").

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 08:11:04 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: alakino2

Live Musician Newbie

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 05:37:26 PM »
Can Sx900 users add a Touch screen Monitor ?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 05:50:31 PM »

No. The touch feature has to be native, not external.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 09:14:13 PM »

Hi Live Musician Newbie,

Yes, Fred is right: While it is possible to connect an external touch screen display to the Yamaha Synths Montage and MODX, the Yamaha arranger keyboard models Genos and SX900 (not SX700/600!) unfortunately only support the connection of an external standard display, i.e. WITHOUT touch function.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Live Musician Newbie

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 05:28:06 AM »
Thank you, yes thats what I meant. (To be able to use the Touch feature)

SX should enable this feature, as Yamaha is anyways supporting external keyboard and mice.

BOAC

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 02:15:02 AM »
I wish the external monitor could also be an ipad WITH the touch screen, I dont get on with the 900 screen, I think my fingers are too dry and it sohould be angled up more.
Nick

Offline yogi62

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 08:46:00 PM »
As an addon the compatibility of the type of display adapter, make sure it has either the DL165 or DL195 chipset as the adapter needs to be fully DataLink compatible. There are other brands out there that are not mentioned on the Yamaha list (I couldn't buy any on the list here in the UK), but as I say check the chipset.