Author Topic: Bonus Playlist What Does It Contain?  (Read 2297 times)

Offline YammyFan

Bonus Playlist What Does It Contain?
« on: September 08, 2021, 03:21:22 AM »
My friend unzipped The bonus playlist onto the root directory on a USB stick and plugged the USB stick into her SX900. She expected to find heaps of styles or registrations .But what she found was a list of 9 things,  Ballroom, Dance  Entertainer etc. and when she pressed  Ballroom nothing came up. Same with Dance etc. I'm wondering if she has not downloaded the Bonus Play list correctly. Also, she has another problem- She keeps getting a message  "File not found or file name is inappropriate " when she tries to load something into her playlist. Please can someone help.

Offline ChrisH

Re: Bonus Playlist What Does It Contain?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 03:32:04 AM »
Easy to fix!!  I had the same issue!!  When you unzip the file it will create an extra folder on your drive so you will have a BonusPlaylist folder and then a sub folder with the same name .. navigate to the BonusPlaylist  SUB folder and copy that to your USB drive and then you won't get the error message .. Just remember to access the playlists you need to press the "Playlist" button select a folder and then press the Playlist button a second time to get your song list.  There are around 400 odd songs in total

Also nice to know that if you go to the Lessons on the PSRTutorial site you can also download the Digital Fake Books in MFD format ..Again on the USB select the file and the SX900 will ask if you want to convert to a playlist.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, YammyFan

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 08:05:13 AM »
Thank you Chris H for taking the time to post your prompt and explicit reply to my question. I have followed your instructions carefully and still cannot get it to work.  I'm wondering if the problem lies in my inability to correctly unzip  the folder to the  root directory on my USB Stick. I don't know much about computers and I am wondering if it is theoretically  possible to get the bonus list unzipped  by a member of our forum  and sent as an attachment for  me and my friend, to load into her SX 900? Thanks again, Yammyfan.

The following users thanked this post: TheBitfiddler

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 09:10:19 AM »
Posting all the unzipped files directly on the forum would not be very practical - that's why you zip them in the first place. They would have to post them to a file sharing service like box with a link. And you would likely have to download one at a time. Much easier would be to just unzip and save the individual files on your computer and then copy the unzipped files to the usb, then to your keyboard. You could do it in small batches or even one at a time if you want.
Mike
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 10:06:29 AM by mikf »

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 12:07:38 PM »
You need to copy the zip file to a computer ..then unzip it and finally copy the 2nd sub folder and all it's contents to your USB drive ..mikf is correct the files are over 5mb so you cannot just post them here.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 05:34:15 PM »
Remember that this must be the only USB stick plugged into Keyboard and must read USB1.

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 08:09:10 PM »
YammyFan,

Here is a video on how to download and access Playlists.
https://youtu.be/R-b6S8LBe7g

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jcm2016

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 03:49:27 PM »
I have a related question on the bonus playlist.   Is it possible to have the registrations from the bonus list onto the keyboard itself?   I understand that the playlist reads back to the USB, so that's why the USB has to be inserted (and correct slot).   If I simply get to the registrations via the registrations section, and don't care about the playlist, then can I download the registrations and avoid the issues with the USB? 

In other words, since I don't play gigs and don't need the playlist feature.  Instead I just use the search feature in the registrations section to find the ones I want for a particular song.

Does my method work?

Many thanks in advance.

Offline mikf

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 04:44:23 PM »
You might want to take a look at this video, which if I am understanding your question correctly, should address this.
https://youtu.be/Tqa7x62Zt4I
Mike

Offline jcm2016

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 04:55:56 PM »
Thank you.  I watched that and while it didn't exactly address my question, it did help me figure out a work-around.   I'm going to a separate post on what has worked for me.

Rene67

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 06:36:39 PM »
I have a related question on the bonus playlist.   Is it possible to have the registrations from the bonus list onto the keyboard itself?   I understand that the playlist reads back to the USB, so that's why the USB has to be inserted (and correct slot).   If I simply get to the registrations via the registrations section, and don't care about the playlist, then can I download the registrations and avoid the issues with the USB? 

In other words, since I don't play gigs and don't need the playlist feature.  Instead I just use the search feature in the registrations section to find the ones I want for a particular song.

Does my method work?

Many thanks in advance.

If I understand you well you want to "download" the registrations from the stick to the keyboard to avoid issues with the stick ?

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2021, 06:55:52 PM »

Does my method work?

If you don't use Playlists, you can copy registrations wherever you want, and they will work.

The problem is, if your registration is looking for a style on the USB drive, you will still need to have the USB inserted so the registration can find the file. To get around this, you can move the style file, as long as you re-memorize the registration.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons