Author Topic: Making one pack from others SX700  (Read 793 times)

Offline Denn

Making one pack from others SX700
« on: September 23, 2023, 07:21:28 AM »
How do I create an installation pack using voices and styles from various packs? I don't need Hip-hop or Rap, just
good music styles and voices.
Thanks in advance.
Denn.
Love knitting dolls

Offline Lacko

Re: Making one pack from others SX700
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023, 07:52:55 AM »
Import all packs you need into YEM. Then select all styles, voices, drums and pads you want (or deselect the others) and prepare your installation pack. But first you need to know which voices and other elements belong to „your“ styles.

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 11:09:21 AM »
hello Denn,
Step1:
Open YEM and make sure your keyboard is listed in the column on the left side (below Install Target). If it's not, then you need to export "Instrument info" file (.n27) from your keyboard on USB stick and import that file into YEM (by clicking on + next to Install Target). See manual for how to export .n27 from your keyboard.

Step2:
After you imported desired packs into YEM, you click on your keyboard (which is now listed below Install Target). After you do that, you will see that each pack picture got a checkmark icon on it:
*Full grey icon -nothing in pack is selected
*Dark green icon/grey checkmark -some items in pack are selected
*Bright green/white icon -all items in pack are selected

Step3:
Click on desired pack image and and then click on items (voices, styles, etc.) that you wish to be installed on keyboard -green checkmark will appear on selected items.

Step4:
Click on Save as Pack Install File button (on the top right side) and you will be asked where you wish to save file. At this point make sure that you choose Pack Installation File (*.ppi) in bottom row.
Copy generated file on USB stick, insert stick in keyboard and load expansion pack (MENU 2) into keyboard.

I recommend that you first try with only one or two complete packs -I say complete, because first you wish to hear what's inside pack anyway. Later you may deselect undesired items (voices, styles, etc.) in YEM and make a pack to your liking.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Pityus

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2023, 07:56:17 PM »
You have to spend a lot of time to find the new sounds assigned to your favorite style and highlight them. In this case, you have to go through all the variations of the style on the instrument beforehand. If you miss this and omit the sound in YEM, that style will not work properly.

Offline Denn

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 02:15:20 AM »
Thank you for replying to my query
First to Pityus; I loaded the Church and Christmas pack into my SX700 and spent time, with the detriment of my household duties, playing through ALL the styles; Intros, endings variations and OTS settings. There are nearly 100 bits in there and the combinations are enormous! At least I have listened to the bits.
Now to Bogdan, Thanks you for your informative post. I did this when I had my Genos (only 26 days  >:( ) and again with the SX900 that I had, but getting older my memory is slowing slightly. I now remember to tick the ones that I want to put into the pack. Step 4 only lets me make a smaller pack removing the bits that I don't want. Now how do I mix other voices and styles from other packs into one pack for ME.  I like some of the voices in the Church Organ pack and some of the voices and styles in the Latin pack. Can I put these together into one pack and call it Mijn?
Kind regards, Denn.
Love knitting dolls

The following users thanked this post: TheBitfiddler

Offline Lacko

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 08:37:37 AM »
I like some of the voices in the Church Organ pack and some of the voices and styles in the Latin pack. Can I put these together into one pack and call it Mijn?
Kind regards, Denn.
Yes. Select what you wish according to step 3 from Bogdan and then save it under any name according to step 4 from Bogdan.

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2023, 09:41:17 AM »
hi Denn,
I understand: you wish to have a single MyPack, which contains voices/styles from other packs.
That is only possible if you have normal packs which have ppf suffix in filename, i.e. ChurchOrgan.ppf or Latin.ppf. If your packs have cpf suffix (i.e. ChurchOrgan.cpf), then it's impossible to copy content from them into MyPack.

In case you gave ppf packs:
Step1:
Click on + button (on top, next to My Packs label) and choose Create Pack from menu. A new pack (grey) image will appear, which you can rename (to MyPack) anytime by clicking on it. At this point, pack is empty, of course.
Step2:
Make sure that MyPack is selected and click on + button (on the top of bottom panel). Now you choose Import Content from menu and you'll be asked which ppf pack you wish to import (and where on drive it is).
After you select desired pack, the whole content of that pack will be loaded into MyPack.
Step3:
Now you can remove unwanted items: select item on bottom panel, click on > button and choose Delete from menu.
Once you finished deleting items (now you only have "keepers" in MyPack), you can add content from another pack by repeating Step2 and Step3.
Step4:
Finally you create MyPack install file as described in my previous post.

Bogdan

PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2023, 04:38:40 PM »
The best way to create a pack from several packs is to Export Content from each pack and save to disk.  This will create a new pack with saved content (name it whatever you like). Do this for each pack in which you want Voices.  Then create a new pack and Import the saved content/packs you saved.  You will now have a pack with the Voices and styles you want in a single pack.

Joe H
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 04:40:15 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html