Author Topic: How to save tempo when saving a style ?  (Read 872 times)

Offline tyros2009

How to save tempo when saving a style ?
« on: September 15, 2023, 02:46:29 PM »
I owned a S770 and created a number of song styles that play well on Tyros3, Genos and SX900 in US without any modifications . When I use these styles on an SX700 in France,  the tempo that was saved with each style did not click. When one of these styles us selected, the tempo is what was there on screen, from previous manual setting.
Please help me to resolve this issue.
Many thanks.
Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770

Offline BogdanH

Re: How to save tempo when saving a style ?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 03:26:46 PM »
Maybe this video will help you: Style Tempo lock

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 03:34:36 PM »
I owned a S770 and created a number of song styles that play well on Tyros3, Genos and SX900 in US without any modifications . When I use these styles on an SX700 in France,  the tempo that was saved with each style did not click. When one of these styles us selected, the tempo is what was there on screen, from previous manual setting.
Please help me to resolve this issue.
Many thanks.

Hi tyros2009,

I suspect that the system setting "Style Change Behavior Tempo Lock" is active on your SX700.

Please go to "Menu > Style Setting > Change Behavior > Tempo" and make sure that "Reset" is set there.

Alternatively, you could set it to "Hold" so that the tempo doesn't change if you select another style while the style is RUNNING. (However, if you select another style while the style is STOPPED, the default tempo of the new style will be recalled as normal.)

When "Lock" is set, the current tempo is always maintained.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, MadrasGiaguari

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 07:30:20 PM »
Hi Chris,
thanks for the info. I will remember this when I have to play another SX700.
I returned the SX700 to my friend and no longer use it.
Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770