Author Topic: Using Dual microphones  (Read 1812 times)

Offline sunny

Using Dual microphones
« on: August 31, 2021, 02:18:30 PM »
Friends,

I wan't to use dual microphones with Genos. Is there any device that can connect 2 or 3 microphones to single microphone input ?

Thanks,
Sunny

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Using Dual microphones
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 04:45:37 PM »
You'll need a mixer connected to the Genos. Not sure if anyone has attempted this.

Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline sunny

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 06:01:06 PM »
I tried using this ProMix 3 channel Microphone Mixer but it is giving more feedback problems.

Sunny.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 06:15:52 PM by sunny »

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 09:28:07 PM »
Hi Sunny,

this is a Line level Mixer. It is not suitable to connect Microphones and has no Channel EQs.

What you need is a standard Mixer that has balanced Microphone inputs (XLR), an Input Gain control, a Channel EQ (Low/Mid/Hi, the mid band ideally should be "semi-parametric, so that you can adjusted the center frequency) and of course a Volume control for each channel. For example, something like this:
>>> https://www.thomann.de/intl/alesis_multimix_8_usb_fx.htm?i11l=en_GB%3AGB.EUR
>>> https://www.thomann.de/intl/yamaha_mg10_xu.htm?i11l=en_GB%3AGB.EUR

I recommend to buy a Mixer that has also built in Effects (like the two linked above). Mixers without Effects are usually cheaper, but if you want to connect microphones directly to an external PA system later, you will probably be missing the Effects (e.g. reverb, delay).

Since such Mixers usually are designed in Stereo, for connection to the Genos Mic Input use only one of the Master Output sockets of the Mixer. It is best to use a balanced cable here (XLR or TRS), depending on the Output sockets of the Mixer.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 04:05:35 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 03:27:39 AM »
Another option is to go with a dual, triple etc. channel wireless system, which plugs into the mic input on the back of the Genos.

Regards,

Jerryghr

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 03:35:10 AM by jerryghr »

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 10:30:52 AM »
Hi Sunny

I have used a 2 mic wireless system on Genos and CVP Clavinova very successfully with volume control for each mic.

Regards

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 10:50:55 AM »
Hi Sunny,

yes, such a dual, triple, etc. wireless microphone system could be an option if the receiver, in addition to the separate outputs for each microphone, also has a "mixed" output.

Please note, however, that you can then only control the volume of the individual microphones separately, not the sound. Usually you need different EQ settings for each singer, i.e. each microphone. And for this, as mentioned, you need an additional external Mixer.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 12:18:57 PM »
I Wish Genos 2 had more inputs, like 4 or more. 
This would really make it good!
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline sunny

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2021, 08:11:49 PM »
Friends,
 Thaks for your advice. I tried dual corclless microphones with Genos, The sound is fine. I think cordless mikes are best option. Please suggest best cordless mikes 2 or 4 in one for vocals.

Thanks,
Sunny

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2021, 09:03:03 PM »
Not sure what is your need or application . .  ..

I have used one mic connected directly to the Genos . . . . and other mic's connected to a mixer or to the bose L1 sound system (which is also connected to Genos)

It looks like the wireless multiple mics is a good option . . . . looking forward to see good brand names recommended here  . . . .

thanks

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 09:36:21 PM »
As usual, Sunny you aren't telling us exactly what you are trying to achieve. Please be more detailed in your requests because you would be surprised the number of times members have offered up great answers that are FAR more difficult than they need to be. Providing you with a solid suggestion is difficult unless we know your endgame.

Talk to us. What are you trying to do?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2021, 07:24:40 PM »
I think Sunny is very clear on what he wants:

"I want to use dual microphones with Genos. Is there any device that can connect 2 or 3 microphones to single microphone input ?".

And many replies with good answers: use a mixer OR a dual/tripe/quad wireless microphone system.
All answers are correct. I use a dual wireless microphone system.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 07:27:07 PM by tyros2009 »
Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770