Author Topic: Genos available yet ?  (Read 7831 times)

Jeff Hollande

Genos available yet ?
« on: August 31, 2021, 01:58:40 PM »

We have been informed the SX900 is not in stock ( yet ).
What about the Genos ?

Regards, JH

Offline johan

Re: Genos available yet ?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 02:24:26 PM »
In België, only very few shops claim to have a (small) stock of genos.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Online EileenL

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 02:34:27 PM »
We have some Genos in UK.

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 06:31:08 PM »
Thank you all for your feedback.😉

It looks like the worldwide shortage of digital chips might be the reason why Yamaha might be forced to stop their production ( partially ).

It is a very sad situation.
First Covid and now another disaster.😥

Last but not least the international transport costs have to be increased by approx. 30% due to the lack of
( not enough ) containers.

Let us hope all these problems will be solved very soon but financial consequences for all of us are unavoidable, I guess. 😳

JH

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 10:16:22 PM »
Let us hope all these problems will be solved very soon but financial consequences for all of us are unavoidable, I guess. 😳
They are avoidable! The biggest obstacle to a return to normal is the "antivaccers." If we can get everyone vaccinated, these issues will correct themselves quickly. If your doctor says you must avoid the Covid vaccine, then by all means, isolate and get tested every time you visit the grocery store. Otherwise, get poked!!!! It's the only way we'll all be able to enjoy what we once had >:(!!

Covid is no longer the villain. Antivaccers are the new villains and are more dangerous than the disease itself. We have an answer. Some people are just too narrow minded to take advantage of it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 10:19:38 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

The following users thanked this post: stephenm52

Online Toril S

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 10:22:25 PM »
I fully agree Lee!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: tyrosrick

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 03:28:14 PM »
This is the situation in Italy:

largest on line shop for musical instruments:
https://www.strumentimusicali.net/product_info.php/products_id/66128/yamaha-genos-digital-workstation.html?keywords=genos

Many other do not have Genos available

::)
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 03:38:06 PM »
Supply shortages are true in many industries. Bikes, golf clubs, cars. And that’s just what I’ve been shopping for recently. I’m sure there are many others.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2021, 09:07:12 PM »
Genos seems to be available in USA/Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Genos-76-Key-Digital-Workstation/dp/B0764HBJ6Z/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=yamaha+genos&qid=1630526650&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-2

The price quoted in this link may not be the best . . . . other US retailers may have it for a better price . . . .

Thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2021, 09:30:17 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Genos-76-Key-Digital-Workstation/dp/B0764HBJ6Z/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=yamaha+genos&qid=1630526650&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-2

The price quoted in this link may not be the best . . . . other US retailers may have it for a better price . . . .

Thanks
I just clicked that link and it says the Genos is unavailable.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 09:55:41 PM »
I fully agree Lee!
They are avoidable! The biggest obstacle to a return to normal is the "antivaccers." If we can get everyone vaccinated, these issues will correct themselves quickly. If your doctor says you must avoid the Covid vaccine, then by all means, isolate and get tested every time you visit the grocery store. Otherwise, get poked!!!! It's the only way we'll all be able to enjoy what we once had >:(!!

Covid is no longer the villain. Antivaccers are the new villains and are more dangerous than the disease itself. We have an answer. Some people are just too narrow minded to take advantage of it.

And plus 2 from here, it's the antivaxxers.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2021, 10:26:07 PM »
Thanks, Stephen.

These antivaccers remind me of the same people to whom you would pass out free $100 bills, and they'd complain because the bills are wrinkled :D!

Jeff, sorry for wandering off topic ;).

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2021, 10:45:33 PM »
Thanks, Stephen.

These antivaccers remind me of the same people to whom you would pass out free $100 bills, and they'd complain because the bills are wrinkled :D!

Jeff, sorry for wandering off topic ;).

Lee, You're welcome and  like your analogy about the $100 bills being wrinkled.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2021, 08:51:36 AM »
Thanks Guys for your comments and/or your input. 🤓

I have the impression, reading your feedback, the SX900 production became also a serious Genos problem.

In another thread ( from Australia ) I have read the SX700 is no longer a stock item. I do not know if this statement has ever been confirmed.🤔

I wonder if Yamaha are intended to continue the present SX serie and the Genos1 or are they launching their new models ( successors ) sooner than originally planned after the chip problem will be solved or ... will the production of the present SX serie and the Genos be continued for a couple of years and will new updates follow ?

Only Yamaha know the answer.

Best regards, JH

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2021, 11:45:42 AM »
Why are we talking about vaccines in a PSR Forum? The moderators should be eliminating this kind of off track commenting.

Rick D.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Nuttall, mcbrown

Online EileenL

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2021, 11:48:36 AM »
I am quite happy playing my Genos and SX900 to worry about what will be next. After the bad times we have had I take it day by day. That must be a que for a song.

The following users thanked this post: MadrasGiaguari

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2021, 12:08:30 PM »
Why are we talking about vaccines in a PSR Forum? ......

Well, thinking about it ....
if people don't do all they can to get rid of the world wide Covid problem, it may cause a lot of losses and nothing much else to 'chat' about at PSR or other fora..... 🙄
Cheers 🥂
GJ

The following users thanked this post: stephenm52

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2021, 12:53:36 PM »
Why are we talking about vaccines in a PSR Forum? The moderators should be eliminating this kind of off track commenting.
Rick D.
I know that it's slightly off-topic but I agree with Gunnar Jonny that the Covid issue is currently at the root of most "out of stock" issues on the planet and the sooner we squash this bug, the faster things will become in stock again. So far, vaccination is the best option. So, vaccinations are a related comment.

Note I did apologize to Jeff for wandering a bit, as if this is the very first thread out of the thousands on this forum where someone wandered off-topic ::).

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2021, 04:10:00 PM »
Hi Lee :

You do not need to apologize to me.🙏

Your opinion is to be respected, I guess.
There are people who agree and others who do not.

Personally I do not know why there is a digital chip shortage.
I only hope this disaster will be over very soon.
Enough is enough.

Bye for now, JH
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 06:42:01 PM by Jeff Hollande »

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2021, 06:13:17 PM »
Thanks, Jeff. I agree whole heartedly. An end to this Covid nonsense can't come soon enough ;)!

Online Toril S

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2021, 07:27:56 PM »
Amen!!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2021, 09:15:50 AM »
Hi
It is what it is and the more people who do not stick to common sense rules ,well, "They have had their chips"!! ;D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline John UK

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2021, 05:07:52 PM »
Well in the UK we also have a shortage of some products in shops due to needing (according to various figures) another 100,000 heavy good vehicle drivers.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2021, 05:47:35 PM »
I just clicked that link and it says the Genos is unavailable.

Lee
it is interesting because i just clicked on the link right now Sept 3,2021 at 9:44am San Diego Time.  It tells me that it is available, in fact i just put it in my shopping cart . . . . of course i will take it out of shopping cart immediately.  It is giving me the option to put in cart or to buy now . .. . . please see attached pic

it can be seen in the pic that the expected delivery date is Oct 12-27 2021 . . . .

Have a great day Everyone

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 05:52:05 PM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2021, 05:52:05 PM »
Strange indeed, Al. This is what I see after clicking your link :o.

Offline John UK

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2021, 09:31:12 PM »
Strange indeed, Al. This is what I see after clicking your link :o.
The reason you're seeing it as unavailable and others are seeing it as available at a later date might be because you have selected a delivery destination in Canada, and others have selected a delivery address in USA??

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2021, 09:50:18 PM »
The reason you're seeing it as unavailable and others are seeing it as available at a later date might be because you have selected a delivery destination in Canada, and others have selected a delivery address in USA??

Maybe, or it's a timing issue. For me:

In my US Amazon account, I can find and get quoted a delivery date for a Genos.
In my Cdn Amazon account, I'm told there's "1 left in stock".

Neither one is very cheap.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2021, 10:27:37 PM »
Good thoughts, John and Fred. Either way, I'm happy I have my Genos.

It's an amazing keyboard, after you get over the nuisances of the 2.02 update. It's created some major issues in the System settings for which nothing seems to work. Thank goodness for the Freeze button. For now, it seems to be the only thing that works.

Yamaha made some great improvements with this update but they also dropped the ball in a few places. But I digress ;D.

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2021, 11:03:58 PM »
We have both in stock (only 1 Genos though) Western Canada.

Mark

Offline pjd

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2021, 12:26:58 AM »
Personally I do not know why there is a digital chip shortage.

Hi Jeff --

I got curious about this, too. There are several factors as the world is a complicated place.  :)

Many integrated circuits (IC) are made in China. The Chinese COVID-19 protocols have slowed production.

Some manufacturers deliberately slowed production anticipating a global business slowdown. Now it's taking time to ramp up, again. Semiconductor manufacturing is not a case of "let's put a few more people on the nightshift." It takes time to restart fabrication lines. And building a factory -- it takes years. Thus, factory capacity is pretty much fixed in the short and medium term. Product lead times are out to 32 weeks.

Many ICs are relatively general purpose (like memory), but some ICs are special purpose like the digital to analog converters (DAC) in audio products. There were two significant factory fires: one affecting chips for automobiles and one affecting DACs. In the first case, Toyota (and others) got hit hard. In the second case, Yamaha and other vendors using audio chips like DACs got hit hard.

Yes, manufacturing of special ICs can be that specialized and localized! The Japanese authorities have only recently allowed the DAC factory to rebuild; it was off-line for several months. If a company like Yamaha needs a specialized chip for a product and the company cannot get the chip, it must wait even if it has all the other parts in hand.

Throw the global shipping mess on top and it's a disaster stew.  :o

Hope this simplified explanation helps -- pj

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2021, 04:03:21 AM »
Thank you so much for explaining what the shortage of
( digital ) chips means and what the consequences are, PJ ! 🙏

Now I understand what this means for Yamaha.

Horrible situation and how long will it take before the  present situation will be over ? 😥

Best regards,
JH
The Grateful

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2021, 02:30:51 AM »
Current situation in Australia is the SX-700 is still listed but no stock. SX-900 and Genos also no stock   The sx-900 has been out of stock probably for quite a few months now but I was lucky and found a used one (only a few months old)   Covid is causing major issues on anything that has to be imported!!

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2021, 06:06:14 AM »
Hi ChrisH :

Thank you for your feedback.🙏

Your statement is confirming the current situation sounds dramatic as far as the present production of Yamaha's arranger keyboards is concerned.

I should not be surprised if Yamaha are informing the world soon how they are intending to handle this problematic situation and what their plans are for the near future.

Again, let us cross our fingers and hope for the best.🤞

Best wishes, JH
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 06:14:20 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Online EileenL

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2021, 12:13:32 PM »
All things will come right in the end. Covid has probably been most peoples concern.
 Those of us who already have keyboards should enjoy playing what we have and not take up all our time worrying about what might be. SX900 are available in some of our shops in UK as are Genos.
  At the moment the only chips I want to hear about are those you get with fish.

The following users thanked this post: MadrasGiaguari

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2021, 12:50:51 PM »
Hi Eileen  :

Let me thank you for your kind words.🙏

I agree with you we are lucky Yamaha keyboard owners and do enjoy playing. 😃

It looks like the UK is more lucky than most other countries in the rest of the world and I am happy for you, guys.

On the other hand I feel very sorry for Yamaha and their dealers.

Most of these dealers are small family companies and they have to fight for every penny.

Best regards, JH

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2021, 02:12:02 PM »
Hmmm....English fish and chips 👍. Only had them once but they were amazing! Wash thoroughly before playing your Genos afterwards.

Online EileenL

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2021, 03:39:28 PM »
Yes of course Lee. Last thing you want on your keys is Salt and vinegar as well as grease dose smell nice though. ;)

Online Toril S

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2021, 05:06:06 PM »
Yummy yummy!!!😀😀😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2021, 05:10:51 PM »
All things will come right in the end. Covid has probably been most peoples concern.
 Those of us who already have keyboards should enjoy playing what we have and not take up all our time worrying about what might be. SX900 are available in some of our shops in UK as are Genos.

Come on Eileen "What about Microfish"!! ::) ;D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2021, 07:12:39 PM »
Come on Eileen "What about Microfish"!! ::) ;D
Better than "Microsoft" 🤣! Then again, watered down gin and earaches combined are better than Microsoft!

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2021, 02:12:17 PM »

Today is Sep-11, I clicked the link and there is one available, I ordered it immediately.
Delivery is said to be on Sep-14. I hope I can get it as expected. I trusted Amazon for their delivery.
In US, the price of Genos is the same anywhere: 5999$ + sale tax.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 02:22:23 PM by tyros2009 »
Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2021, 02:46:04 PM »
Is this price higher than in 2017 or ... equal ?

Plse advise. Thanks. JH

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2021, 02:49:53 PM »
I did not look at Genos price in 2017 or 2018. I believe it was listed at 5,500$.
In 2021, it increases by 500$, a extra price to pay due to the shortage.
All new boards like SX700, SX900, KORG-PA700, KORG-PA1000 all get their sale price increased in 2021.
Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2021, 05:47:15 PM »
Thank you for your feedback, Tyros2009.

The list price might have been USD 5,500 in 2017/18 but I cannot remember what the average Genos street price was at that time.

I understand the present USD 6,000 price is also a street price, am I right ?

Even when it is hard to say for the time being, due to the present chip shortage and the container transport problems, I may hope Yamaha will announce before January 1, 2022 what we can expect in 2022.

Cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Take care, JH
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 05:48:29 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2021, 07:20:34 PM »
Yes, 6000$ is the price that all music stores ask for the Genos. During normal time, I can negociate to get some discount or some extra gears  along with this Genos. But, all stores stand firm, 6000$+tax is just for the Genos and nothing else. PLUS, if you order one today, most of them promise to ship by the end of 2021 or early 2022 because they do not have Genos in stock !!
And by keeping this order, your credit amount will be decreased by (6000$+tax). Sellers only charge your credit card when the product is actually shipped.

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2021, 09:02:49 PM »
Hey Tyros2009  :

Reading your last message, I cannot hardly believe my own eyes.

What a situation ...

Bye for now !

JH

Offline GUILLERMO

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2021, 07:33:27 AM »
In Mexico, my country, if there is Genos at a very good price: $ 4275.00 US Dollar

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2021, 02:58:14 PM »
Hi  :

Are you sure the Mexican price in USD is for a brand new Genos ?

Plse advise. Thanks !
JH

The following users thanked this post: GUILLERMO

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2021, 04:54:14 PM »
I like to know the price of brand new Genos in Mexico too.
Yesterday, after I put the order on Amazon, the 6000$ ONE is no longer listed. But another one pops up:

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Genos-76-Key-Digital-Workstation/dp/B0764HBJ6Z/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=yamaha+genos&qid=1631461690&sr=8-2

The price of this one is 6,600$ + 360$ shipping. And it does not even mention "new" or "pre-owned".

For the last two months, in US, I have been looking to order Genos online. Every store ask for 6000$+tax and says that it will be available for the end of 2021-early 2022. Meaning it won't be shipped for months.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2021, 10:07:40 PM »
I like to know the price of brand new Genos in Mexico too.

Check the attached pics

. . . Mexican Amazon is selling one Genos for approx $4,900 shipping included to Mexico locations. Ready to ship by 9/16.  Shipped by Amazon Mexico.  The price is in mexican pesos, the current rate is approx $1 US = $19.50 Mex pesos. (varies every day) Apparently it is a new keyboard.  But buyer would need to verify with vendor.  The vendor name listed is SonoRitmo . . . . .

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Yamaha-Genos-76-Key-Digital-Workstation/dp/B0764HBJ6Z/ref=sr_1_1?adgrpid=55261160062&dchild=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiOvvmKX68gIVOh-tBh3Ndw6qEAAYAyAAEgKySvD_BwE&hvadid=286733830795&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9073855&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=2417429093155917772&hvtargid=kwd-356915143335&hydadcr=26975_9860304&keywords=yamaha+genos&qid=1631480538&sr=8-1&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.3b3c7eca-3ba3-4493-9fea-71b95270d025

https://sonoritmo.com.mx/

Also,
....... Mercado Libre (something like mexican eBay) also offers a USED one for less than $4,500. Shipping included to mexican locations.
https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-1307513341-yamaha-genos-_JM#position=3&search_layout=stack&type=item&tracking_id=274b421a-3cfa-4857-80cd-9c9cd36b65ab

Disclaimer:
I am not suggesting to buy or not to buy . . . . I have no affiliation or  connection with any of these vendors, just trying to help in answering the question posted above.      Your own desition your own risk.

Hope this helps.

thanks

« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 10:19:35 PM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana