Author Topic: Playlist Functionality on an S770  (Read 1892 times)

Offline jdup

Playlist Functionality on an S770
« on: September 01, 2021, 02:58:17 AM »
I utilize one registration bank for each song, and have about 250 different banks (sorted by the song name). I would like to know the most efficient way to select a small group, and switch from one to the next one during a performance.

In other words, is there a way to establish a playlist on an S770
Thanks.

Jim Duprey
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 11:02:26 AM by jdup »
Jim Duprey
Genos, Bose S1 Pro (2)
Former Keyboard: PSR-S770

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Playlist Functionality on an S770
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 04:02:39 AM »
I utilization one registration bank for each song, and have about 250 different banks (sorted by the song name). I would like to know the most efficient way to select a small group, and switch from one to the next one during a performance.

In other words, is there a way to establish a playlist on an S770?

The way I did it was to create a folder for each performance. The folder name started with the gig's date, so they were in date order. I copied in the banks of the set list, then renamed each file, inserting a number which put them in the order I wanted.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jdup

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 11:03:21 AM »
Thanks, Fred.
Jim Duprey
Genos, Bose S1 Pro (2)

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 11:36:55 AM »
Hi Jim,

I recommend using 3-digit numbers at the beginning of the filenames of the copied Registration Bank files in such "gig folders" according to the following scheme:

010 song name B.rgt
020 Song name A.rgt
030 song name D.rgt
040 song name C.rgt

This way you can always add files later and put them in the right place with a number like "025 song name X.rgt". (Yamaha demonstrators worked on Tyros / PSR-S models in the same way.)

By the way: When performing, you can simply use the [Regist Bank +] button to call up the next Bank within the current folder at the end of each song. Then just press Reg button # 1 and continue on.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 11:40:22 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 05:01:07 PM »

010 song name B.rgt
020 Song name A.rgt
030 song name D.rgt
040 song name C.rgt

This way you can always add files later and put them in the right place with a number like "025 song name X.rgt". (Yamaha demonstrators worked on Tyros / PSR-S models in the same way.)

Gosh, you reminded me of doing a similar thing in BASIC programming, about 40 years ago  :o How time flies!!
Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 09:51:41 PM »
Gosh, you reminded me of doing a similar thing in BASIC programming, about 40 years ago  :o How time flies!!

Yes, you're right, Derek, it feels like time goes by much faster than it used to. A year is next to nothing these days ...

P.S.
Another option to put files (e.g. Registration Banks) in a certain order is to use a combination of letters and numbers at the beginning of the file name. With the following method, for example, you can sort all planned dance rounds for a gig within a folder:

a1 songname
a2 ...
a3 ...
b1 ...
b2 ...
b3 ...
b4 ...
c1 ...
c2 ...
c3 ...

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline jdup

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 01:38:01 AM »
Thank you, everyone.

All good.

Jim
Jim Duprey
Genos, Bose S1 Pro (2)