Author Topic: Home shortcut  (Read 1351 times)

Offline jcm2016

Home shortcut
« on: August 24, 2021, 11:03:56 PM »
I wish there was one one button to get back to the home screen.   I appreciate that I can press exit repeatedly and I can also press direct access then exit.  I want to be able to assign a button to take me home, but can't figure it out.   Like after setting up the chord looper I want to get to the home screen quickly and see the voices etc.

Has anyone else figured it out or a workaround?

Thank you!

Offline Enildo

Re: Home shortcut
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 10:35:29 AM »
Hi friend!

"Direct Access + Exit" will do this function.

Good luck!
When word fail, Music speaks!

The following users thanked this post: rezaazadi1361

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 03:08:05 PM »
Yes, "Direct Access + Exit" IS the Home Shortcut, jcm2016. ;)

To my knowledge, it is not possible to assign this function to a single button.

By the way, you can either press Direct Access first and then Exit, or you can press and hold Direct Access while pressing Exit.

Basically I recommend that not too many displays are opened "one on top of the other". So it is best to always close the current display with Exit before opening something else. In this way, you normally only have to press Exit once or twice to show the home display.

Note: In many cases, parameter changes made are only saved  (in the "System Setup") by closing the display via Exit (or touching the "X" symbol on models which have a touch screen).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 04:16:55 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline rene

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 09:20:35 AM »
thanks for the info

Offline jcm2016

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 09:01:41 AM »
Thanks very much for the responses.

@overrover - could you please expand on having multiple displays open?   How can I control that?  I understand on my pc that multiple windows open and I can close them.   But on the keyboard I only see one screen at a time so I don't realize if I have multiple open.   What am I missing?

Online Toril S

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 09:32:20 AM »
The screens will be open in the background unless you close them by using the exit button or touching the x symbol. 
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline jcm2016

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 11:45:05 PM »
Thanks for the response. 

What's bad about having multiple screens open in the background?  If I press direct access and then menu to get to the home screen, does it close everything in the background?  I think it asking if there's a stability issue like in a pc - too much stuff whirling around and then a crash?