Author Topic: Amplifier  (Read 2166 times)

garno2506

Amplifier
« on: August 23, 2021, 01:34:10 PM »
Can anyone tell me if its possible to connect a amplifier to the sub woofer socket  on the back of a PSR-S775 or will it damage the keyboard .

Thanks

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 01:49:27 PM »
The PSR S775 has line out. 
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 03:45:13 PM »
Can anyone tell me if its possible to connect a amplifier to the sub woofer socket  on the back of a PSR-S775 or will it damage the keyboard. ...

Hi garno2506,

welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum!

The S775 does not have a "sub woofer" socket. ;)

As already mentioned by Norman, please use the Line Out sockets (OUTPUT R and L/L+R) to connect an external amplifier. Note: Use unbalanced audio cables with TS plugs, NOT balanced TRS plugs.

By the way: If you want to mute the internal speakers, you can either connect headphones to the PHONES socket (front left) or switch the parameter "SPEAKER" in "[Function] > Utility > Config 2 > 1 Speaker/Display Content" from "Headphone SW" to "OFF". (See also the S775 Reference Manual, page 129.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 03:51:24 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

garno2506

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 05:12:33 PM »
Thank you all for your answers very help full indeed

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2021, 08:22:33 PM »
won't damage the keyboard, but if you plug the line out into a mic or instrument level in put (e.g. on a guitar amp) it will damage the amp (instantly if into a mic level input, gradually for instrument level)

Fun fact: back in the 80's, when we didn't have a recycling program (at least not in HK) so when I upgraded to a surround system, before I tossed my old stereo system out, I wanted to see what would happen if I plugged an electric guitar, into a distortion pedal (bringing the signal up to line level) and the into the mic in on the old stereo. I told my friends that it *should* blow.

And it did. For about 1 second you could hear the guitar chord, then it all burst into flames (I expected that, so we did this in the all cement parkade). Wish we had cellphone cameras back then