Author Topic: Organize Registration Bank files on PC  (Read 801 times)

Offline alberto stazi

Organize Registration Bank files on PC
« on: August 10, 2023, 10:10:45 PM »
Hi all, is there a PC program that emulates Bank file recording?
In practice, organize a series of file banks on the PC and then transfer them to the USB key to be inserted into the keyboard. Thank you

Edit 2023-08-11 by overover: Changed Italian topic title to English and removed Italian text in post
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 12:49:38 AM by overover »

Offline EileenL

Re: Organize Registration Bank files on PC
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 11:29:35 PM »
No You have to create your registrations on the keyboard choosing the voices you want and the effects you want to use also the style you want it linked to.

Edit 2023-08-11 by overover: Adapted subject of the post to changed topic title
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 12:52:50 AM by overover »

Offline alberto stazi

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 12:42:52 AM »
Yes, I knew that, thanks. I was hoping there was an application to use on the pc to work better.

Edit 2023-08-11 by overover: Adapted subject of the post to changed topic title and removed Italien text in post.

Please post in English only here, Alberto. Thanks, Chris (overover)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 12:56:07 AM by overover »

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 01:12:19 AM »
Hi Alberto,

You could try the PC (Windows) program "Yamaha Registration Manager" by our forum member Murray Best:
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

This allows you to do many things regarding Registration Bank files (.rgt) faster than directly on the keyboard. You can also do a lot that is not possible on the keyboard and also change/edit Registration Banks in Batch Mode.

First install the program version 5.1.1 and then follow the instructions for the update to V5.3. (To do this, you have to unpack the downloaded ZIP file "YRM 5.3.zip" and copy the two files "MidiServices.dll" and "YamahaRegistrationManager.exe" to the folder program, i.e. to "C:\Program Files (X86)\MbestSoft\Regmanager5\".)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 02:05:02 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline alberto stazi

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2023, 09:08:34 AM »
convinced that my request did not fall on deaf ears. Thanks Chris, a warm greeting