Author Topic: Can you edit a playlist item to change the style on an SX-900??  (Read 1570 times)

Offline ChrisH

Hi Guys

Sadly more questions.. I have a really nice FakeBook  MFD file that has almost 400 entries which I have converted to a PlayList in the SX900. However quite a few song titles are either duplicated! What is the best way to do this ..edit the original MFD file to remove the entry or can it be done in the keyboard.  Secondly a lot of song have been given the default style of 8BeatModern which doesn't suit the song gendre at all!!  Can one edit this or not??? if so which file needs to be changed the MFD or the new TSV file that the keyboard created when it converted the MFD file? 

Online Fred Smith

Re: Can you edit a playlist item to change the style on an SX-900??
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 02:49:50 PM »
When you import an MFD, it creates a registration for each entry.

It’s the registration you need to edit to change the style.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 03:37:09 PM »
Yes but then don't forget to save it back into playlist. I would do all you want in the playlist its self such as deleting unwanted files.

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 04:03:54 PM »
Thanks Guys

Perfect so do a Regist Edit and Save ? That will work ..it's mainly to get rid of multiple versions of songs ! 

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2021, 08:42:36 PM »
Yes but then don't forget to save it back into playlist. I would do all you want in the playlist its self such as deleting unwanted files.

There’s no need to “save it back into playlist”. Modifying a registration doesn’t affect the playlist entry. You can re-memorize and save a registration as often as you want, without having to make any change to your playlists.

Only if you move or rename a registration would you have to edit the playlist.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 02:42:35 AM »
Thanks Fred

I guess there is no way to edit an MFD file and be able to change things like the Style, Name, Tempo and what voices are used  .. I see that some of the data in each entry is coded in the actual .MFD file in Fake Book MFD's but they also contain an XLS file in normal text .. wonder what language they are using to create the final MFD file. Being a programmer I'm always curious.

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 02:57:24 AM »
... I guess there is no way to edit an MFD file and be able to change things like the Style, Name, Tempo and what voices are used  .. I see that some of the data in each entry is coded in the actual .MFD file in Fake Book MFD's but they also contain an XLS file in normal text .. wonder what language they are using to create the final MFD file. Being a programmer I'm always curious.

Hi Chris,

there are two programs to view and/or edit Music Finder files (.MFD):

(1) MusicFinderView by Michael P. Bedesem & Peter Wierzba:
>>> http://www.wierzba.homepage.t-online.de/musicfinderview/musicfinderviewmain.htm

(2) Music Finder File Manager by Jørgen Sørensen:
>>> http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/mffm/index.htm

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: ChrisH

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 03:38:17 AM »
Thanks Chris

I tried Jorgen's software on the T5 MFD file that Eileen kindly gave me and it seems to work very well. I have a few FakeBook MFD's that have no intro set and seemingly a totally wrong style so they are set for the T4 so will try them out.  I will obviously have to delete the folder on the USB and then replace it with the new edited folder and go thru the convert process into a playlist again but that's no big deal at all.  All the supplied FakeBooks on PSRTutorial have downloadable T4 zip files and the software works nicely with those ones but they do have a lot of duplicates (same song but in a variation of styles and or templates) and quite a few have the intro set to off so I can now change that. Awesome..thanks for all the help!!!