Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Genos freezes all buttons dead

(1/3) > >>

fjuppe:
Hello group,

My Genos has been offline for some months. Now, yesterday when I powered it up,  it was normal power on sequence, started to play some chords and then audio stopped and all panel buttons freeze. Touch screen still operative. I could hear the small relay inside (which goes on very late in the power up sequence) going on/off appr. every 3 seconds. I had to recycle power but the same thing happens again after 5 seconds....

Anyone who recognizes this problem ?

I suspect the power supply has become faulty or there is a connector problem.

Anyone who has replaced the inside power adapter and knows the volts/Amps ??

Before you tell me to go to a Yam service shop, you have to understand that I am staying on a small island in Thailand, the keyboard is bought in and brought from Sweden.
I have to rely on my prevoius electronics exeperince....

Thanks for your advices!

overover:
Hi fjuppe,

Could it be that the voltage on the wall socket is significantly lower than the nominal voltage for some reason? As far as I know, the Genos is significantly more sensitive to mains voltage that is too low than, for example, Tyros models.

As a precaution, I would therefore first check the current mains voltage with a suitable measuring device.

Best regards,
Chris

fjuppe:
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your bright idea !

Normally I have an APC UPS to feed the Genos (the quality of power is not the best where I live). This seems to be working normally but I bypassed it for testing and the  problem remains.
My digital multimeter shows exactly 230 Volts at the UPS output as well as in the wall outlet.

Now I will start to take the Genos apart and do some faultfinding....

Toril S:
Oh my, good luck!!

overover:
Hi fjuppe,

As the touch screen is still operative, you could use the internal Test Program. If you need detailed technical information about the Genos, you can contact me via PM (Personal Message).

Best regards,
Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version