Author Topic: Broken Break button needs repair/replace/cleaning  (Read 2535 times)

mousepaws

Broken Break button needs repair/replace/cleaning
« on: August 14, 2021, 09:46:01 AM »
My BREAK button stopped working. It is the button between the main variation and ending buttons. It does not seem very worn, but the light won't come on or go off, and will not respond when pushed. Can I buy a new panel contact board? I cannot find one anywhere. Can it be cleaned like key contacts?

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Broken Break button needs repair/replace/cleaning
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 05:00:48 PM »
I'm not sure if it can be cleaned, however, you can purchase the entire strip from Yamaha Customer Service and it is very easy to replace the entire strip of buttons.

The hardest part about the job is removing all the screws from the bottom of the keyboard. I suggest leaving the screws in the holes after loosening them, then covering the hole with a strip of masking tape so they do not get lost and the correct length screw is in the right position.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: john-s

mousepaws

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 09:25:08 AM »
Thanks Gary! Do you know where I can find the part # for the strip that I need?
So, it's best to call them up on the phone ? I don't really see a place on Yamaha's pages that sell parts.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 03:49:00 PM »
Hi mousepaws,

Please first download the S910/710 Service Manual here:
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/workshops/ServiceManuals.html

The BREAK button contacts are located on the "PNL" circuit board (Service Manual page 54, or see the attached picture). You can try gently cleaning the contacts with alcohol (isopropanol).

Please read page 16 in the Service Manual (Disassembly procedure > "14. PNL Circuit Board").

The Part No. for the button strip is: WJ203700       PANEL SWITCH ASSEMBLY        BREAK, ENDING / rit. (I – III)
(see page 100 in the Service Manual)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)